Chapter Eight

Steve called Aunt Mabel to make sure the order was set before we took off from our spot. It was ready for us anytime, so we called the restaurant to let them know we will be there in a few minutes.

After we got the food we arrived at the cabin, as soon as I opened the door, Tipsy was on her little rampage of barking until I called her name. She stopped and ran towards me.

She tried to stop before reaching me and skidded into my legs, which had me laughing, I scooped her into my arms. "Well, hi little girl, did you miss me?" I asked her as I cuddled her against my chest.

"You are going to spoil that dog" Steve said as he walked by with the food and Tipsy let out a small growl as he passed by. Aunt Mabel and I laughed at that, Steve did not, all he did was grunt back at the dog.

A few weeks had passed since Aunt Mabel has come to live with us since her house is in repair mode but let us face it, we know she has come to be here permanently.

That is why over the course of the past few weeks, all her belongings have shown up somehow, along with all her kitchen stuff and some of her furniture. Steve was not too happy when she wanted to redecorate without him, or I know about it.

That argument was a doozy. Aunt Mabel stayed at a hotel for a few days while Tipsy stayed with me, I did not mind the dog. Ive been starting to think of her as mine, even know I know she's Aunt Mabel's.

I could not wait, tomorrow we move into our new place and Aunt Mabel can love in this one. We will finally have our spaces and hopefully the drama will be done with.

Steve already had the moving van here and some of his friends will be here tomorrow to move most of the stuff, since Aunt Mabel has her furniture already crammed into this small cabin.

Yesterday I sat her down and went over the contract, so she knew she was staying here rent free, but it was not going in her name, this was still my cabin, so any new remodeling she thought she was going to do was not allowed unless she went to me first.

The talk went better than I thought it would. I love this woman, but I wasn't about to let her walk all over me like she had tried to do in the beginning.

The next morning was hectic, I was at the new house making sure everyone put the boxes and furniture in the right rooms. There was no way I was going to be able to move anything.

Plus, I needed everything to be easy on me from now on since the Doctor told me to take it easy, and no heavy lifting being this close to my due date.

Once everything was moved into the new house, Steve and his friends went back to the cabin to help Aunt Mabel set everything up.

I shut the front door and stood there taking it all in, I was finally in my new house. The entrance way had a big enough hall closet for the coats and shoes and boots.

A few feet from the closet were a guest bathroom, then down the hall a bit was a family room that had a nice size fireplace in it. It was big and open with a huge window seat; Steve knew how I loved to sit by a window and read.

The kitchen and the family room were open to each other, just one step up and you were in the kitchen. Steve designed it with my input luckily.

The cupboards wrapped around the kitchen with marble countertops. An island in the middle and a rack hung above the island to hold all my pots and pans. Something I have always wanted.

Everything you could want in a kitchen Steve made sure I had. There was a door that went into the living room where we had a formal dining table for if we had any guests.

From the Dining room down a small open hallway, was an office that Steve designed for himself. This was his space and wow it was all male. Had a nice double window that overlooked the backyard.

A huge oak desk sat in the middle of the room and bookshelves lined the walls. Going back out of that room down the hall lead you back to the main entrance.

Where there was also a staircase that took you to the second floor. That is where Steve made sure we had four bedrooms. One was ours; one was going to be the nursery.

There was going to be a guest bedroom, and for now the other room instead of a bedroom we were going to use it as a playroom for our baby when she gets older.

The second floor had a bathroom between the guest bedroom and the playroom, I was so happy that the main bedroom had its own bathroom that had a garden tub that could fit three people in it.

A double size walk-in shower, and Steve knew how much I just loved fireplaces, he had one built in our bedroom. So, I could enjoy one at night tucked up in bed watching a favorite movie.

This man was just too perfect, and I was lucky to have him in my life. I honestly do not know what or where I would be if we had not reconnected.

I laid on the bed, resting my back against the headboard, just taking it all in and relaxing. I knew I had a few more months to take my time and make this place a home instead of just a house.