Chapter Eleven

Tipsy decided this would be the perfect morning to wake me up with her little bark, I knew she had a loud one for such a small dog, but today she decided it was going to be one of the littlest barks.

Rolling over onto my side I pulled her little frame into my side and gently hugged her, "good morning to you too" I told her, her little tail thumping against the bed.

I gave her a small kiss on the top of her head and sat up, placing her on the floor she walked to the door and sat, waiting for me to get up. She could not navigate the stairs, so she waited for me to carry her down.

Once downstairs I put her on her line and away, she went to find her perfect spot to go potty, something I could not ever figure out why dogs sniff for hours before they stop to pee for two seconds.

The air had taken a turn from warm fall days to a chill in the air, you could tell that winter was right around the corner, which I was looking forward to. For a few reasons.

Christmas was going to always be my favorite time of the year, thanks to Steve and now we will be having our little one makes her grand debut hopefully on Christmas morning.

Hopefully, she has not taken Steve's and mine stubbornness and decide to wait or come early. I was nervous since this was my first child, but at the same time I had a serenity around me.

Knowing Steve would be right there by myside through it all, helped greatly. Now I just must deal with this crap that was dropped on my lap yesterday. But right now, I wanted a nice hot cup of coffee.

While the coffee pot was brewing, I went upstairs and put on my comfortable sweatpants and sweatshirt. Once downstairs I could hear the beeping letting me know that coffee was waiting for me.

I poured Steve a cup as well as myself, bring it to his office I set it down and Steve grabbed my waist gently and pulled me down onto his lap. "Good morning sweetheart" he said as he kissed me.

I could never get tired of kissing this man, "good morning love" I said and kissed him once more, getting up I went to check on Tipsy. As I left his office, I could hear Steve mumble about the dog and needing to give it back to his aunt.

I smiled knowing that he liked the dog, but he was not going to show it. His aunt would not let him live it down. Aunt Mabel always talked about Steve putting on the Mr. Tough guy but when it came to kids and animals, he was a softy.

Taking my coffee, I went outside and went to my favorite spot, sitting on my porch swing I was sipping on my coffee watching Tipsy thinking she could bark at a squirrel.

I had to laugh; the squirrel sat there chattering back at her. It was comical, I looked around and saw Aunt Mabel on her porch yelling into her cell phone.

That woman and technology do not mix, next thing that happened made me wonder what was going on, for she threw her cell phone across the yard and slamming the front door closed.

I am so not going near that rat's nest, I said to Tipsy even thought she was at a standoff with the squirrel.

"Laura" Aunt Mabel yelled from her porch, I waved to let her know I heard her, "I need you to come down here and we need to go into town" she yelled again. I held up my hand to let her know to give me a moment.

I got up and went into the house, I left the door open so Tipsy could venture into the front room but could not go anywhere else.

I found Steve in the kitchen getting more coffee, "I heard my aunt wants you to go shopping with her" he said smirking. "I think the whole county heard her" I said getting a thermos and putting some water into it.

"I think maybe I should go with you both, Aunt Mabel driving gives me nightmares, and with my pregnant wife I'm not sure I want our daughter experiencing that one" he said as he grabbed his coat.

I just shook my head, when Steve put his mind to something you could not stop him, most times its best to just to go with it. Plus, I was not really looking forward to being in the car with Aunt Mabel.

"Why are you here Steve?" Aunt Mabel asked when she saw him bring his truck down to the cabin. "You are not driving my pregnant wife around in that car, plus I need stuff in town anyway" he said as he opened the door for his Aunt.

"Fine" she said as she got into the backseat of the truck, Steve then helped me into the front seat and once he was in, we took off for town. The one thing I made sure of while the weather was nice was a doghouse for Tipsy.

So, while we were out, she could be outside but had a nice house for her to go into with her food and water. There was also a little doggy door for her in case she wanted to go inside.

Steve kept saying she was not ours but for some reason Aunt Mabel did not mind her living with us, she kept saying Tipsy was protecting the baby, which I was fine with.

Eventually we were going to have a few dogs, Steve kept saying no, but like him when I had my mind set on something, I got what I wanted.