My drunken mess

I raised my head to see the people who surrounded and glaring at me like they want to kill me with their sights

I raised my head to see the people who surrounded and glaring at me like they want to kill me with their sights. Realizing that there is no more use to argue with them anymore, I nodded my head as approval, making them beam.

"Yaar, Khush, don't make a face as we are going to kidnap and torture you. We're just going to a club. I don't get it!!! What's your problem with the club??" Kaira asked, placing her hands on her hips, scowling. Today Is Sunday, and as planned, my friends ganged up on me to drag me to the club as Duffer arranged a party for me, so I can enjoy a good time with them before the marriage rituals begin. They even asked permission from Maa, lying that it a girls' night out. I felt awful that I had lied to mom, but as I don't want to spoil their enthusiastic mood, I kept numb. So here I'm in Kiara, one of my friend's house, arguing about going to the club.

"You guys know how I feel suffocated in those crowds and loud music. I'm not even getting why Duffer arranged a party in a club, even after knowing I hate those kinds of atmospheres. Something is cooking in his tiny mind." I said, hoping he didn't have any evil plan in his head. All my college friends know Duffer, and they initially thought that we're girlfriend-boyfriend, but after seeing us, they changed their perception.

"Anand just arranged this party, so you can chill and relax a bit. Once rituals started, you can't even breathe properly. Now move your lazy bum and get ready fast." Shristi responded cheerily, shuffling through the closet.

Giving in, I rose to get ready, but another argument erupted about the dress that I'm going to wear and at last got settled in an off-shoulder taupe lace dress, which is more comfortable than their preferred one. I Styled my hair into a half-bun plus curled it a little on the ends, and by applying light makeup, I finally got ready.

I smiled seeing the text message from Atharvaa, stating that, "Hey my lady, enjoy the party and don't forget to miss me" with a wink emoticon

I smiled seeing the text message from Atharvaa, stating that, "Hey my lady, enjoy the party and don't forget to miss me" with a wink emoticon. As I'm about to reply, Shruthi snatched my mobile and yelped.

"Oho, Khushi, you have a lifetime to chat with your future husband. Today give your valuable time to your friends" I pouted, sulking.

We reached the place at eight, and Duffer informed me that he will join us straight at the club. The club is decent, dim, and the outlook was great than expected. Loud music was blaring through stereos, and a cheerful atmosphere with waves of laughter and loud conversation is visible in the range. I was aghast, and my mouth widely opened, viewing all my friends from college, post-graduation, and even school at the party. It's so overwhelming to see them all together and talking with them also laughing at silly moments from happenings was so much indescribable. A Sudden booming voice of duffers caught all people's attention.