HER

Beep beep beep

Beep beep beep ......

I groaned when an abrupt, loud, ringing sound of my alarm disrupt my deep slumber. Switching off the most irritating device, I lazily wake up and adjusting to the bright morning light, which is trickling in through the blinds, I retrieve from my bed and moved to my quiet and spacious balcony to enjoy the sunrise, which is relaxing and soothing.

Completing my morning routine, shower, and getting dressed, I quickly made my way to the living room where all my family members gathered for Morning Prayer.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself... I'm Khushi Agarwal, a pediatrician by profession working in Sunrise hospital. I am friendly and easy-going by nature. My main mantra is to enjoy life to the fullest with whatever you have and also love Experimenting with Life. Maybe that is the reason I chose a different profession when my father and almost all my family members engaged in the business field.

Coming to my family, we are an extended family where my Bade papa family and my family live together as we believe living together gives more happiness and fulfillment. Bade papa and papa are both involved in the jewelry business and owns a branch of jewelry shops across India. Bade papa and Bade maa, have two children, Anshul Bhaiya and Sanchi di. Sanchi di got married to her college love Rohan Jiju 3years back, and they have a blessed with little munchkin Aarav, who is one year now. Coming to Anshul Bhaiya, who is following bade papa and papa in the business, got arranged marriage 6months back with Preethi bhabhi, she got mingled with our family quickly, but very shy character works as a professor in Vignan College.

I have an elder brother who also joined our family business and also loves to annoy the shit out of me, but also love me the most. Coming to two beautiful ladies of our house i.e., bade maa and maa play the role of a home minister in our lives, which is the Toughest job I think of. All my family members love me very much as I am the youngest in the family, and both Anshul and Karthik Bhai is very protective of me as they think of me as a naïve and trust person easily. After completing the prayer, we all got settled for breakfast. As Badipapa says, the family maintains a good bond when they pray together and eat together so any member of my family doesn't miss family breakfast time. Let me tell you guys I'm a big foodie and love the food prepared by mom and bade maa and also learned how to cook from bade maa whenever I got free time for myself. While I engrossed in having mouth-watering breakfast, Karthik Bhai said teasingly,

"Choti, I can't get one thing, how can someone be very lean even after eating so much."

I stopped eating and just glared at Bhai, who is eyeing me with a smirk.

"Shut up, Karthik, let her eat peacefully, don't tease her," mom said with an angry voice.

Sticking out tongue playfully to Karthik Bhai, I again concentrated on my breakfast.

"Baccha, Chalo, today I will drop you hospital as I'm going on the same way today", Anshul Bhai said while I nodded. Saying goodbye to everyone and wishing them a Good day, I made my way to another exciting day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am so overjoyed today as duffer is returning from his trip after a week. We fixed to meet outside as today is the weekend.

KK, before you guys get confused, I will clarify: who is this person??.... Duffer Aka Anand Ahuja is BFF from my childhood. He has been my friend from when I was eight, and he is ten yrs old, maybe. As they stay in our next house, we became friends quickly, and my entire family adores him, treats him like a family member. Having my breakfast with family, I have informed them about the plan today with that idiot, and they have no objection as it is MR. AA [Anad Ahuja], whom they trust more than me.

Bidding bye to everyone, I join duffer, who is waiting for me outside on his bike wearing a black t-shirt with ripped blue jeans looking good as usual. As soon as he observed me, he gave a side hug and flashed a smile, but I didn't respond to him and ignored him as he did this whole week while he is on a business trip.

"Khush, I'm sorry baba, I was busy and didn't even get time to call my family. Please understand na;" he said while whining like a child.

"K, but one condition", I said while folding my hands on chest.

"First, say what is the condition??" he asked with a raise of an eyebrow.

"My favorite Ranbir Kapoor movie and ice cream," I said with a giggle.

"No way", he shouted suddenly with a horrific expression.

"Yes, way, now Chalo, or else we will be late," I said and gave his helmet. With a defeated sigh, he hopped and started the ride. Within 20Minutes, we reached the mall and watched a movie; I enjoyed a lot as it is a rom-com while duffer sulked during the whole movie, as he doesn't like movies that much. We ate lunch while sharing the things which we missed this whole week. After relishing our day, duffer dropped me at home, and as he has important work, he couldn't get the chance to greet my family.

As I entered the house, I got welcomed with the decorations and preparations of a lot of sweets, as tomorrow is the Holi festival, and it is one of my favorite Indian festivals where we can enjoy a lot. Bade Maa informed us that tomorrow we are celebrating Holi at Bhatra uncle's house, who is one of the papas and bade papa's friend, as they're conducting Holi Mela in their farmhouse. Anticipating to welcome tomorrow, I drifted to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!! I did it!!! Successfully updated the first chapter of the story.
How is Khushi character?? Did you guys like her?? A simple cute, bubbly and lively girl who loves her family and also her duffer.
Every girl wish a duffer in her life. Mention your duffer in your life below.
Hope you guys like the first chapter.
Please vote, comment and share to encourage me.

With love,
Amulya