Possessiveness

I squealed when someone lifted me and engulfed in a bone-crushing hug

I squealed when someone lifted me and engulfed in a bone-crushing hug. People are staring and watching us as their favorite entertaining show. I internally rolled my eyes at them.

Don't they have any work, always interested in other people's matters???

"Duffer put me down, or else I will kick you where you can't even imagine and don't regret it later." I warned duffer, who is hugging me like I'm his stuffed teddy bear.

"Yaar, snickers, you na such a bore!!! I'm here to enjoy my big success, and you are talking about kicking me." Ignoring his whining, I dived into the main point.

"What success?? Oh my, did you got that big deal finally which bothering you for the past month??"

"What deal?? I'm talking about your marriage!!! I listened, from Bade Maa, that you said okay for marriage. Finally, you are going away, living me in peace, and I don't have to face your tantrums anymore. Your prince charming will bear you, and I'm really feeling bad for him that he has to suffer so much." He said mischievously.

How dare he to say me a.k.a Khushi as trouble, you are over Mr.AA.

I stomped his foot harshly, and in the next instant, I heard his scream while holding his foot. Satisfied with my work, I flipped my hair on my shoulder and giving him not to mess with me look; I began to move away but froze, seeing Atharvaa with an angry look.

When he came here, and why he is looking angry??

I quickly approached Atharvaa, who is glaring duffer as he is going to kill him.

"Hi, when you came and how you got to know about my timings, I asked him," feeling excited that he came to visit me.

"I had some work here. Mom sent me here for some NGO work." He said with a stern voice making me sad that he didn't come to meet me.

"Oh K," I think my face fell because I can see his face softened, seeing me.

Why you have to sound low, Khushi??

"Hey little devil, you left me. See, I can't even walk properly now, I'm saying you, you are becoming more feisty nowadays." Duffer said while draping his hand around my shoulder.

Oh, no!!! What a great timing duffer. You are so dead now. I spoke inwardly as Atharvaa's face went stern again, seeing duffer's hand around my shoulder.

"Duffer, Meet Atharvaa." I introduced, making him realize that there was another person here who is glaring at him now.

Soon duffer removed his hand from my shoulder and extended his hand to greet Atharvaa.

"Hi, I'm Anand, Khushi's best friend." Duffer said with a smile, but what Atharvaa said made my jaw drop.

"Hi, I'm Atharvaa, Khushi's Fiancee."

Understanding the tension between them, duffer made his way, saying he has some urgent work but not before mouthing me, 'possessive much'.

"Shall I drop you at your home if your working hours are over??" He asked again with his gentle face.

Is he bipolar or what??

"Did your work finished??" I asked him, remembering he came for some work.

"Huh??" he responded with confusion.

"You said you have some work here, right??"

"Yeah, finished it before."

"K, but no need to trouble yourself, I will go by cab, I'm okay with it." I said, not wanting to bother him.

"There is no trouble in it, and I'm unoccupied now. So no problem with it." I nodded in approval.

Like a gentleman, he opened the passenger door of the car for me, and after I hopped in, closing the door of my side, he went to another side, got settled in the driver's seat. The ride was complete silence. He did not even show an interest in talking with me. My heart became heavy, and I stared outside to mask my emotions. We reached my home, and as I about get down saying small bye, he stopped me by holding my hand.

"I'm sorry, Khushi, I know I behaved like an insane person today. I swear I came there to meet you and talk with you, but seeing you with another guy made me feel different that I never experienced before. I lost my sanity behaved like a jerk with you, I am so sorry." He said nervously, rubbing his neck.

"Why??" I asked, ignoring my increased heartbeats.

"I don't know. Trust me. I never like this before. I know you may have second thoughts about this marriage after what I did today, but..."

"No Atharvaa, Yeah, I felt sad when you not interacted with me properly, but never had second thoughts about marriage and duffer... I mean Anand, he is my best friend; we got grownup together, and he is like a family member to everybody at my house. You never have to worry about us." I clarified him. Why he thought like I would have second thoughts on marriage??

"I know, and I trust you more than anyone, you never have to explain to me about what type of bond you have with him or anyone. I think I was jealous today, seeing close with another person. My anger rose when I saw him hugging you and holding you so close, but I promise I will never repeat this." He said, making circles with his thumb on my hand.

I blinked my eyes to grasp his confession.

My stomach did somersaults, understanding his possessiveness about me.

"You know, I like it that you are getting possessive about me." I blurted out, but soon my eyes widened, realizing what I exclaimed.

Why can't you shut your gibberish mouth, Khushi!!! Every time do you have to Buk Buk...

Suddenly the air in the car became so thick...

My cheeks became tomato instantly,when Atharvaa kissed on my knuckles, intertwining our hands.

"So you came to meet me???" I asked to change the atmosphere between us.

"Yeah, you didn't reply to the message after I sent it. I thought you are still not comfortable calling you by endearment so, Came to talk with you."

Uff... he is more overthinker than me.

I described to him what happened after he sent the message in my home and how I became busy in the hospital with appointments that I didn't get the time to reply. He chuckled, listening to it.

"You are laughing. It embarrassed me; you know." I said glaring, at him.

"Khushi, I like you." He said looking at me intently.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,
Do anyone like possessiveness if you partner show's on you??
Do mention it...
Thank you for reading my book.
Please encourage me by vote, comment and sharing it.

With love,
Amulya