Move on...??!

"Why now???" I ask the million-dollar question, breaking the staring competition which is going between the men who are around me

"Beta, I see you lost trust in me, but I was a helpless, simple person then, who preferred his family first before my oath, and I was ashamed of myself from the day I walked out and left behind you. When Karthik came to me and discussed the situation and explained to me how you're treating the patients without second thoughts, I decided to help you in any way so, slowly; I started to collect the evidence without getting suspicion to anyone." Lifting my eyebrows, I glance at Karthik Bhai's face, who is now looking down as something interesting going on there, making me contemplate more that why and when Bhai went to Kulkarni, Sir and also, the way Sir spoke carefully, choosing every word before speaking, which was so in contrast to the person whom I know who used to address every speech confidently and proudly made me realize how guiltily he was being but, I don't think he has to because even if my family got in danger, maybe I would have done the same.

"These files include the lab research data of the drug they used in the vaccinations and their effects on the children, which shows clearly that the drug contains a high level of steroids, which are very harmful for regulation, especially for small age ones. It also holds some reports of the children who died because of the illegal pilot test they conducted in different rural areas, same as the one we have seen in the name of Ngo and charities. I think these pieces of evidence are enough to prove against him, but in the process, I got to know that other leading companies have partnerships in this project, as it gets success they're going to have huge profits and name, however, I couldn't catch any of the proofs about them." Sighing, he concluded, keenly noticing every one of our reactions, and I stood there not knowing to feel happy for owning the evidence against him, or to cry for receiving another puzzle in my life.

"Can I go inside and see the kids?" Sir requested with a lot of hesitation swirling in his voice, and I nodded blankly, still figuring out about the conversation.

"Bhai, why did you do that??" I whisper, exclaimed on Karthik Bhai the very next moment, Sir went to see the kids followed by Arjun to give us privacy.

"Yes, Karthik, you should have at least discussed with me before going to him." Anshul Bhai continued but calmly, causing me to scowl.

"What should I do? I got scared after whatever Khushi said that day, and I couldn't sit ideal knowing she may get in danger so, I went to him as he was the only person and hope reminded me when I think back to, also see now we have evidence against them... She was not happy, Anshul; I have seen it." Pointing at me as he said, but struggled to argue further, recognizing how pale my face turned.

"Bhai, maybe I was sad, but I don't regret any of it, and I'm happy with you all. Averting my eyes, I argue further... you shouldn't have said about this place to him." Kulkarni sir was a father figure to me, and I know he will not betray us, but I can't take any risk, not at this stage. Our conversation halted when Sir came out and expressed how happy he is seeing the kids recovering, then continued discussing further treatment for improving the progress.

"I don't know... how we are going to proceed forward, as we don't have any lead about them." Frowning, I replied when Sir asked about what we're going to do further.

"Speaking of it, I remember when I used to attend board meetings with Mayur raj, as I was one of the vice-presidents of the hospital. I observed he keeps all his files and confidential documents with his PA Gourav. He is assisting Mayur for almost six years, and Mayur believes him blindly as he was really trustworthy. It may be difficult, but we may get a clue if we keep an eye on him."

Thinking for a minute, he resumed, and "I have listened that Gourav is interested in men, so..." he halted, laughing, seeing my jaw drop by learning his intention. His laughter soon replaced with an anxious one, like struggling to convey something.

"Khushi, I may sound selfish but can you not..." hanging his head low, he stuttered.

"No one is going to learn that you helped us, I promise. Holding his hand, I assured Sir, sincerely, because I know the fear of losing someone. With a smile, he took leave, but not before thanking us for allowing him to see the kids.

"So, how are we going to deal with this, Gourav?" Duffer asked, tearing the silence between us, and we all turned our heads to him with a pointing look.

"What... No," he exclaimed, shaking his head vigorously.

"Stop whatever, running through your minds. I'm never going to do that," but I know how to make him, and I used it... My weapon puppy eyes and emotional blackmailing.

"Sometimes, I don't understand why I'm still friends with you even after suffering a lot." Sighing, Duffer retorted.

"Why me, why can't it be Karthik????" He whined, kicking his legs like a child.

"Because you're more handsome and know how to attract someone with your charming personality," winking at Karthik Bhai, I provoked Duffer, causing him to huff but agree finally.

"I hate you," Duffer murmured when I hugged him.

"I love you too, come I will treat you today, don't pout at me." Swinging my hand on his shoulder, I dragged Duffer out while my brothers laughed with adoration written on their faces.

.

.

.

.

"Bhayya, more spicy, please," I ask the Golgappa stall bhayya, holding my bowl at him.

"No, Bhayya, stop it." Snatching and throwing my bowl near the dustbin, Duffer glared at me, and huffing, I returned his glare.

"You eat spicy things more when you're angry or anxious, and Arjun said that you were not feeling well last night. May I know what's going on??" Raising his brow, Duffer questioned, making me go silent for a minute.

"Do you want to have Icecream??" I buttered, trying to divert the topic, but Duffer is a duffer holding his hands on his chest, he made a face that stating he is not going to move without getting my answer, and I gave him.

"I had seen him with another girl last night," I mumbled, fidgeting with my tunic as the feeling of pit coming back, and Duffer's eyes softened.

"Maybe she is a friend." He tried to retrieve it, but I stopped him.

"They were kissing." Biting my lip to control the glossiness in my eyes. I replied in a low voice.

"So..." he was going to say something but halted it again, as I don't want to feel the pity in his voice.

"So... what if he is happy to move on? I will also try it and start seeing a more handsome man than him." Scowling, I wavered my hand frantically in front of the face like I don't care.

"Is it Atharvaa," Duffer said, pointing his finger behind me, and like a dumbass, I turned whiplash, searching for him. Listening to Duffer laugh, I turned, closing my eyes, cursing myself.

"And someone said that they want to move on..."

———————————————————————————
Like, comment and share, if you like the story.

Love,
Amulya❤️