Chapter 8: The Octo Trooper Hideout

The Octo Valley

The Cap'n walked with me to the first area, it looked like a skatepark you would see in the city but only that theres no skateboards to ride on. "Alright bukko here we are, and here's your first mission!" The Cap'n said looking directly in front of us.

Either he was crazy or seeing something I wasn't cause I didnt see anything "Uh...Cap'n are you sure?" I asked "Oh carp!! I always forget. Shoot that area right there.." He ordered pointing his cane to the area in front of us.

I sigh and shrug before shooting the area with my hero shot. There was a sound of my shots hitting metal, I shot some more and there was a high pitched scream like a tea pot when the tea is ready. A kettle that was not there has been revealed it has purple octopus stickers all over the exterior of the kettle "I'm assuming I have to do that every time Cap'n?" I asked "Dont worry kiddo, the kettles are in the most obvious places." The Cap'n responded with a chuckle 'I cant help but wonder....what else is he not telling me?' I thought to myself.

Before I can even ask him he's already walking away from me. I sigh and told myself to ask him later, I take the headset from around my neck and put them over my ears. I calibrate my hero shot and breathed in a breath of confidence "Okay....remember...for the city....for...Skaura.." I told myself before slipping through the kettle to begin the mission...not really knowing what I was in for...

The Octo Trooper Hideout

Occupied by Octarian Forces

There was a second of darkness the I spawned in. I open my eyes and took in my surroundings. My surroundings were mostly...more floating platforms, I looked around and noticed that I'm surrounded by panels that generate a morning sky. How I know those are panels and it's not the sky. I looked more closely and spotted loose ones revealing the dark background. Before I could get a closer look the Cap'n yells in my ear...

"TESTING.....TESTING....1...2...3...55?!?!?" he screamed in my ear. I winced and rubbed my ear 'R.I.P my hearing...' I thought before responding "I hear you just fine Cap'n." I said in a chill tone trying to keep my cool.

"Ah good, that headset hasn't been used in a good while. Just wanted to make sure." He said though the comm in a regular normal voice.

I spotted a bright ball of light towards the middle of....well where ever I was. "Cap'n, I'm assuming I'm heading towards that ball of light?" I asked "Yes bukko! That's one of the small zapfish! Retrieve it and the city will get a small amount of power back!"

"Hm...after this your gonna tell me what you haven't told me already. Not to be a jerk Cap'n but....I have a feeling I'm in for more than I signed up for." He said before I began to walk.

"Last i checked you didnt sign anything! No paper work and no contract!" The Cap'n said sarcastically.

"I....uh.... touche." I said with a smile, as untrustworthy as he seems, I have a feeling that he wouldn't send me to something that I would have a chance of beating...right?

After a straight minute of walking I'm shot in the back by something. It's not like regular ink from Turf wars....this was pain....like a burning pain in my upper back. Who ever had shot me was going for a head shot....a kill shot...

I whip around to see who shot me. I saw a...octopus tentacle with eyes and legs? The thing shot at me again but it was slow so moved out of the way "Cap'n?" I ask "That's an octo trooper bukko! Slow, dumb but dangerous in numbers." He said "Any other advice?" I asked

"Just avoid their shots and splat them! Oh and if your splatted 3 times... its game over." He finished

My breath hitched at those words but I decided to let him off the hook for that one. I probably should've known that from the start. This wont be easy....

I peek the corner only to a shot from the trooper. The shot almost clipped my face. I took aim and shot, my shot nailed the trooper square know the face splatting them instantly.

My eyes widened and I looked at the hero shot 'I think me and you will get along just fine...' I thought as I continued with the mission.

2 minutes later

"Uhhhh Cap'n...what do I do here?" I ask as I cover my head from being taken out by octo troopers. They spawned out of nowhere....literally not figuratively. One second they weren't there the next second they were there.

"Agent 3!! Forgot to tell you! They like to ambush and use numbers to take you down!" The Cap'n yelled in a panicked state "AND WHEN WERE GOING TO TELL ME THIS?!?" I yelled as I tried to shoot back only to suppressed instantly "Sorry bukko! Try using a splat bomb!" He suggested.

I reached into a side pocket and pulled out a pretty cool looking splat bomb. It's different then the ones I'm used to, I toss it over the cover I'm using.

*Bam!!*

I peek out from behind my cover to see no more octo troopers, I sighed "Good thinking Cap'n, just....tell me things before I go diving into places where I might die." I said half jokingly "That's a solid copy kiddo!" The Cap'n said. I rolled my eyes and super jumped up to the zapfish.

I touch the shield and I'm shocked by the shield. It didnt hurt it was just surprising, I look around for something to turn the shield off but found nun ya.

I sigh and shot the shield, it seems to work. The more I shot it the weaker it got, eventually the shield exploded. I walk up to the zapfish, poor thing looked terrified, I knelt down to it "Hey...its okay bud." I said, it trusted me pretty quickly. It walked up to me and extended its fins to me wandering to be picked up. I pick the little guy up and put him on my shoulder "Hold tight little guy." I said before super jumping back to the Cap'n.

The Octo Valley

"Good work bukko! The city will have a few more days!" He said as I set the zapfish down on the ground "Glad to help Cap'n." I said, my attention was taken by the other platforms "I still have a long way to go." I said looking up at the platforms

(Cap'n Cuttlefishes Pov)

'Huh...now that's something I didnt expect him to say.' I thought as I looked up at the boy who's attention was taken by the other platforms 'I thought he would help out a few zapfishs only to power Splatfest...heh...I hope I'm wrong about that. I've grown fond of this boy already....reminds me of his old man when he was on the team...' I thought "Well...two more zapfishs to go bukko." I said, he turned to me, nodded and ran back to the skatepark area "Copy that...be back in a flash." He said in a cocky attitude 'Yep....just like his old man.' I thought shaking my head as I walked back to the cabin, I need to rest my cuttlebones.

12 minutes later

"Cap'n? Cap'n? CAP'N!!!" I hear someone yell "HUH?! TAKE THAT YOU OCTO JERK!!" I said throwing punches only for them to be caught by Agent 3 "Whoa! Easy Cap'n..." he said putting his hands up "Oh..my bad bukko." I said as I got up. I look behind his legs to see the other two small zapfishs "Huh..." I said in disbelief "I...got them and this bigger kettle opened." He said "The boss kettle bukko....the boss guards a more charged small zapfish." I explained, he nodded "Looks like I have more kettle to do." He said walking back. I admire his courage to go in head first but....it wont be like that for long...I followed him to the area...for....front row seats to the fight...

First battle chapter and some more Cap'n Cuttlefish perspective! And as always I hope ye enjoy!!