Chapter 6: The Creepy Cuttlefish Captain

8 Days until Splatfest

Inkopolis Plaza

"Ugh....cant believe this....I've trained all this time all for nothing.." I growl in frustration. I rub my face trying to calm down but it's not really helping much. I've trained all of this time only to have a strange power outage to snuff out my fun, possible glory and fame, not that it was important I just wanted to have fun.

But this power outage, it cant be a coincidence not when it's this close to Splatfest. I dont know but I just feel like someone or something did this to ruin the event. I brought it up to Sara first cause she was closest to the lobby and surprisingly she wasn't too sure about it either but told me to stay out of it and let the authorities deal with it. Now Sakura and Ichiro on the other hand dont really care about the power outage, they just carry on their way not even suspicious in the slightest.

I wanted to help solve this, cause I know me and Sara aren't the only ones bummed out about this. Heck even the Squid sisters are usually their happy selves when they were announcing the daily turf war stages Callie was distracted and Marie was as well and that's not normal, their eyes were darting all over the place as if looking for a way out of there.

A part of me wants to listen to Sara another part...in this case most of me wanted to figure this out. I thought I should begin a investigation at the plaza first, check if I saw anything out of place, question a few people and then head to the location where that UFO was spotted.

But it's bad to do so much investigating on an empty stomach. I sigh and grab a simple coffee and sit down on a bench right by the lobby. There weren't a whole lot of inklings around, must be cause of the power outage starting to take affect over them but that's why I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

I was taking a sip of coffee before I caught movement out of the conrer of my eye. I turn my head to the left to only have met eyes with an old cuttlefish who was too close for comfort.

My breath caught in my throat as we just stared awkwardly at each other. I had a feeling that he was gonna pull out a knife or some weapon and try to murder me but he just stared at me. I finally spoke up "Uh....uhh...H..hello?" I stuttered "Sup squiddo!" He said stepping back from me. Thank cod I can finally breath "Uh...did..you need some money sir?" I asked.

"Money!? Ha kiddo...I ain't need no money!" He exclaimed standing up "Th...then why were you looking at me like that?" I ask still pretty shaken "Glad you asked kid!" He exclaimed.

I tilt my head because he didnt respond right away "Uhhh...you gonna tell me or what?" I ask looking at him "Well...I gotta tell you....in secret...." He said.

"Uh....." I begin but hesitate, I believe I could take him if he did pull a weapon "I..sure." I said before a sigh. "Great! Follow me kiddo!" He said before disappearing into a nearby kettle.

I gulp and follow him.

I drop down behind him, we began walking down a sewer like tunnel "I...uh...have a feeling your gonna try and murder me." I pointed out letting him know that I'm not to sure about this. "Ah....that's fine kiddo! Your cautious and I like that!" He said

"Uhhh...where exactly are you taking me?" I ask looking behind me to try and get my bearings. "Well...its top secret bukko." He said not looking back at me.

Okay that's not suspicious at all....

After a few more minutes I spot a light at the end of the tunnel "Ahhhh here we are kiddo." The old cuttlefish said "Okay...is this some sort of back alley where you dispose of the dead bodies?" I ask sarcastically "Ha! Good one kiddo!" He exclaimed actually laughing.

He slipped through a grate and disappeared. I sighed and followed him. I slip through the same grate and look around to a strange sight.

We appear to be in a like a valley of sorts but theres like...small floating islands or...areas?

As I looked around my attention is taken back to the cuttlefish he just stares at me before speaking "I know what caused the power outage kiddo." He said simply.

Now this caught my attention "You do?" I asked "Yes....it was the octarians bukko." He said "The octo-whatians?" I asked tilting my head.

"Man....your schools really neglect to teach you history dont they?" He asked walking to a bulletin board for hiking with a punch of pictures on it. "No...its just mostly Inkling history....." I responded following him. "Ah dosen't surprise me." He said turning back to me.

"Okay what did you need from me?" I ask getting impatient "Ah to the point! You see the zapfishs were stolen by our long lost enemy the octarian menace." He explained.

"And....why do you need me?" I ask "Well I'm short handed and need an extra squid in on this. And if you noticed most of you kids didnt even care and think that Splatfest is no big deal." He started "...but I knew you were different because I could tell that this didnt seem right to you. After I saw you yesterday I did a little research into you and your more than qualified to help me get the zapfish back." He finished.

As flattering as that sounds it also so and very creepy but if this is a chance to save Splatfest so be it. Im going to help him, just something about him makes him seem trustworthy and that hes telling the truth "Alright old man...I'm in." I said "Squidtastic!!! Welcome aboard bukko! And please....call me Cap'n Cuttlefish." He said shaking my hand "I welcome you....Agent 3 of the Squidbeak Splatoon." He said with a bright smile.

Let go!! Now things get real fun! I cant wait to continue writing! This is gonna get interesting!

This chapter is 1069 words.