Chapter 5: Splatfest Sabotage?

9 days before Splatfest

High Tide Apartments

I woke up....my head feels like it's going to fall off, me tentacles have been taken out of my top knot. That was werid considering the fact that I dont remember taking it out...and what's even weirder is that my wounds have been bandaged.

I sit up and rub my head to ease the headache before I'm gently lied down again by Sakura.

"Not happening big guy. Your gonna rest." She ordered with a smile. One how did she even get in? And two how did she know I got into a fight? But then I put two and two together of course motor mouth or aka Ichiro told her.

"Listen Sakura..." I tried to say but she puts her finger up "No need to explain Reo. I'm flattered that you fought off team dark Shark for me and Ichiro but...your an idiot." She said with a teasing grin. I nodded "O..okay..." I said lying my head back and sighed.

A few hours later

After a few hours my head stopped hurting and I feel well rested but my hand is still killing me. I grab a hair tie and try to tie my tentacles back up but since my hand hurts it makes it difficult.

Sakura sighs and walks over snatching the hair tie from me. "Face forward." She ordered, I've never seen this side of her before. She seems concerned and upset.

She puts the hair tie in her mouth and takes my blue tentacles in her hands. I sigh as she messed with my tentacles and she tied them back up into a top knot.

"There....now lie back down." Sakura ordered "I feel fine Sakura." I argue "Well...you have been resting so I guess." She said "Yeah but I appreciate you make sure I recover Sakura." I say with a bright smile which she returned "I'm always willing to help you out Reo." She said sweetly.

I sighed and stood up "Well...I'm going to get dressed." I said, she moved her tentacles to the side "Okay then, see you later Reo." She said with a sweet smile before leaving and I walked upstairs to get dressed Splatfest is only 8 days away....

Inkopolis Plaza

"So.....you told Sakura?" I asked Ichiro as we wandered the plaza "Hey man, in all fairness you took a bad beating by the assholes charger. I got worried and process of elimination I told her. Just be grateful that I told her and not Sara." He said with that dumb grin "Eh...I guess that makes sense...but...give me a heads up next time." I said snacking his back and he nodded "Will do little brother." He said "Dont call me that." I said back. He calls me that just cause he's 7 months older than me and we've known eachother since birth he likes to call Sakura "little sister" but he ends up getting slugged in the arm.

After a few more minutes of wandering the big screen where the Squid Sisters comes on but this time...earlier than usual.

"Hold on to your tentacles!!!" Callie starts "Its inkopolis ne-" Marie starts but is cut off by Callie "WAIT WAIT WAIT Marie!! We have breaking news!!!" Callie yelled "WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?" Marie yelled back. The screen behind them changed "The great zapfish has been stolen!!! As well as all the other zapfish!!!" Callie stated "Oh No!! No power!! No Splatfest!?!?" Marie exclaimed with a horrified expression. "NOOOOOO!!!" Callies said as she wiped tears from her eyes "Is this the culprit Callie?" Marie asked as the screen switched to a picture of a UFO like object flying over the black belly skate park. "It might be Marie but let's let the authorities deal with that!! Unfortunately...Splatfest has to be cancelled but Turf ware, ranked and league is still operating...until then..." "STAY FRESH!!!" Callie and Marie say in unison before the screen clicked off.

I look at Ichiro and we make eye contact "Dude...this sucks...." he said "My first Splatfest ruined...." I said with a disappointed sigh "Eh...its alright...you can still ask out Sakura." He said trying to cheer me up. This didnt make sense to me...Splatfest right around the corner then conveniently there's not enough power left....this was not an accident...this was sabotage....

Creepy Cuttlefishes POV

"HA....I knew it..." I said stroking my beard. I look around the plaza, all of the inkling boys and girls seem like nothing is happening in their life, but then I caught the sight of a inkling boy whose gears seem to be turning in his head. He dosent seem too sure that this is right, his yellow eyes squint as he tried to think, he runs his hand through his blue tentacles. I stroke my beard "I think he might be willing to help but I'll need time to set up a story...and a mission for him....if he's willing to accept it." I said to myself as I slunk back down the kettle and walk back to the valley, I have a good feeling about this boy...I fell it in my cuddle bones.