Chapter 12: Agent 1 and Octolings

The Octo Valley, Sector 2

Sector Statis: Occupied by Octarian Forces

(Reo's Pov)

Okay, new sector but hopefully no new enemies, but what do I know? I said hello to the Cap'n and he gave me a run down of the locations of where some of the kettles were so it was a good start....let's go save some zapfish shall we.

Before I left to start the Cap'n stopped me "Oh! Agent 3 before I forget! Agent 1 will be helping ya! She'll be here soon and doing some kettles, you might get a chance to meet the lass!" He said 'Why is he so excited about me meeting Agent 1?' I thought.

Not that I wouldn't want to meet her, I just dont understand why he wants me to meet her some badly, is she someone famous or something? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

I take in my surroundings, this sector looks like a skate part, same as sector 1 but this sector was slightly bigger. Guess I'd better get started, I spotted a kettle up on stop of a pillar. I shoot up the side and jump into the ink in my squid form and swam up. I shot the kettle and it whistled and appeared "Let's go...day 2." I said before entering the kettle.

I sawned in, I open my eyes and saw a very too familiar sight...kelp dome? "Uh...Cap'n...I know this place." I said into the comm link "It ain't the place you know bukko! It's the octarians version of it!" He said back. Okay I guess that makes sense, I run my hand  through my light blue top knot and shot the ground to move faster.

Before I moved any further something jumped down in front of me. I quickly dove for cover when it began shooting at me rapidly.

Once the firing stopped I peek out from behind my cover only to get fired upon again "Son of a-!!!" I growled "Cap'n?!" I yelled into the comm link "That's an octoling bukko! Their just like inklings! They can do anything you do!" The Cap'n stated through the comm link.

'Finally....a challenge.' I thought tossing a splat bomb. I heard the octoling growl and I dove out from my cover and opend fire splatting the octoling, she whimpered as her gear sunk in the puddle of blue ink. I honestly felt back for a second but shook it off, their the enemy so therefore they should be dealt with mercilessly....

I continue forward, after nearly 2 feet of walking I'm ambushed by 3 octolings!! Before I even could react I'm splatted....then there was darkness.

I respawned "One live down..." I muttered keeping tract. I run too get the further but I'm caught off guard by one octoling. She tackled me and pulled out a knife to stab me, I quickly grabbed her wrist and punched her in the face I took the knife and stabbed her splatting her instantly.

I sighed trying to catch me breath, I look up only to be met with a octo shot pointed at my face "Oh car-" I'm splatted....again.

I growled as I respawned "Okay...no more mister nice Squid." I said cocking my hero shot.

I charge in head first not even thinking just letting my anger take over my thoughts and actions. I see an octoling shes splatted on sight.

As I ran in I managed to get into the middle of the dome only to be surrounded by octolings "Hands up Agent!!" Who I'm assuming to be the leader growled as all the octolings aimed their weapons at me. I'm at their mercy, one live and no options I slowly began raise my hands.

I closed my eyes as the leader barked at her soldiers to kill me 'Welp... it was fun while it lasted...' I thought wishing I couldve done more.

"Ready!!! Aim!!!! Fi-" the leader is cut off. I opend my eyes to see an inkling girl wearing the same exact gear as me except she had a black mask covering her mouth "Hiya 3! Names Agent 1! I'd love to chat with ya! But we got Somethings to take care of right?!" She chirped, her voice sounded extremely familiar but I shook it off....better things to take care of right....

1 jumps down behind me and pressed her back to mine holding up her roller, I grabbed my hero shot "Let's do this 1." I said taking aim "I like that plan." 1 said.

Less than a minute later

Agent 1 and I stand over puddles of ink...no octolings "Wow...your better than you look 3." 1 said turning to me "Thanks 1, sorry you had to come and help me." I said with a small smile as I put the zapfish in my hood "Ah it's no problem, if it was Agent 2 though...she wouldnt let you live it down." She said . Agent 2's a girl too? Jeez am I only guy besides the Cap'n? I shook off the thought "Well more kettle to get to." I said standing up "Oh I already too care of that!" 1 said winking at me. My eyes widened 'Wow....no wonder shes Agent 1.' I thought "Well we left you the boss." She said rubbing her head and moving her long black tentacles behind her head.

"Well okay then. The least I could do." I said, she nodded "Sounds good to me! Welp got places to be, see ya Agent 3!" She said with a bright smile under her mask before super jumping away.

I swear she sounds familiar but I'll question it later....I got a boss to finish off...apparently.

I'm really proud of this chapter! Many more to come!! And as always I hope