Chapter 9: The OctoStomp

Octo Valley: Sector 1, Boss Kettle

Occupied by Octarian Forces

(Reo's Pov)

I spawn in, looking around taking in my surroundings. Its more...arena like than the other missions I've done before this.

"Cap'n?" I ask into the comm link hoping for an explanation "Your in the boss kettle bukko! You wont be fighting octo troopers you'll be fighting one of the great octo weapons. The octarians used them to attack and destroy inkling strongholds in the great war." The Cap'n explained.

"And....did the inklings usually win against them?" I asked hesitating to go further "Uh...um...its...a so-so type deal Agent 3..." The Cap'n said sound hesitant. I looked down at the arena there was a giant cube on the far opposite end of me.

I super jump and landed about a hundred yards away from the cube. I saw a shadow on the ground of something slowly descending. I look up and see a captured zapfish right above the cube.

Before I could even move a large tentacle appeared from the top of the cube and took the zapfish and went back inside the cube with the zapfish.

There was a sound of machinery moving and electricity pulsing. The cube rumbled and suddenly hopped up and turned show a horrifying face that'll haunt my dreams forever!!

Its large eyes looked down and spotted me. It shook and let's out a roar of anger and began running towards me!!

Out of sheer panic I shoot the ground. The cube jumps up and face plants on the spot where I was standing "ITS TRYING TO CRUSH YOU AGENT 3!!!" The Cap'n yelled in my ear "YEAH!! I KNOW THAT!!!" I yelled back before getting crushed and splatted by the cube.

There was a moment of pain then darkness, I respawned back at the start "Okay...uh....I'll figure it out.." I said jumping right back in.

The cube saw me as soon as I landed. I shot the ground and booked it out of its way. It jumped and face planted again where I was standing. I peek out of the ink in my squid form and saw the tentacle that grabbed the zapfish was exposed on the top side of the cube. When it got up the tentacle retreated "I see..." I muttered.

I jump out of the ink "Hey!! Ugly come get me!!!" I shouted doing the fortnight loser dance. The cube roared in anger and jumped up. I rolled out of the way just in time before it landed. When it landed I shot up its side and swam up its side before shooting the tentacle.

It exploded and purple ink sprayed out of the cube. I super jump away and turned back to the cube.

It hopped up and looked at me, it shook and broke several panels on its side. Which it will make it harder for me to swim up its side to destroy the tentacle. It roared again and charged toward me.

I jump out of the way when it jumped up in the air. When it landed I shot the only panels left with my hero shot wan had to swim diagonally to get to the top. I shot the exposed tentacle and it exploded.

I super jumped away and landed hoping that was it....I was wrong.

The cube hopped up and shook again. It broke off more panels and the 3 remaining moved "No fair!!!" I complained which was answered by the cubes roar.

It jumped and landed thankfully I wasn't there! I shot the panels and tried to swim up them but fell off. I only had a few more seconds before the cube would get up. I swam at full speed up its side and barley made it to the top. I shot the tentacle and it exploded. I jumped away and looked back at the cube.

Its legs spun slowly them faster and faster until the cube exploded covering the entire arena in green ink (My color).

I wiped the ink from my face and saw the zapfish and several red orbs surrounding it. I grab the orbs and freed the zapfish.

"Alright little guy. Let's get you outta here." I said putting the small creature in my hood before super jumping back to the cabin.

Octo Valley

Cap'n Cuttlefishes Cabin

"Good work squiddo!!!" The Cap'n said taking the zapfish. I sat down exhausted from the missions and getting splatted took a toll on my stamina. "We'll call it a day bukko! Go on and scurry home." He said helping me up "Thanks Cap'n.." I said out of breath.

I got dressed back in my clothes and placed the Hero gear and Hero shot in the cabin "Be here tomorrow bukko! Hopefully you can catch Agents 1 and 2 tomorrow so you can meet them!!" The Cap'n said excitedly. I nodded and smiled before exiting through the kettle.

Inkopolis Plaza

I peek through the kettle...no one was around so I hopped out of the kettle and ran home quickly. Me, Sakura, Ichiro and Sara were going to play Mario kart around 8:45...I only had 10 minutes to get home...

First boss fight!! As always I hope ye enjoyed!!!