Chapter 7: The Mission Begins

8 days until Splatfest

The Octo Valley

"That.....that makes sense Cap'n..." I said nodding. The Cap'n just got done giving me a long lecture about the great Turf war and the octarian menace that the old inklings and cuttlefishes fought. It make sense about the octarians intentions to steal the zapfishs so close to Splatfest and why they want to make inkopolis vulnerable and without power....we wouldn't have a way to defend ourselves.

"You see now bukko! We need to rescue the zapfishs not only to save Splatfest but to also keep the city safe.." the Cap'n exclaimed. "Okay, now...is there anything else I need to now Cap'n?" I asked "Yes, as an Agent of the Splatoon you need to keep anything and all activities and conversations a secret, we cannot give away the secrecy of the splatoon because our secrecy is what keeps our members and our family members safe from harm." He started, I nodded showing him that I understood, "And....when you do a mission...you'll have have 3 lives. If your splatted 3 time...you're goners bukko." He said but sounded hesitant to tell me.

Well it's good that he told me, now I know what to expect and what not to do. "Copy that sir...." I said equipping my splash-o-matic "Uh..bukko you aren't fighting with that are you?" He asked "Yeah...why?" I ask looking at me "Bukko....you dont have enough armor to fight the octarians nor enough fire power." He said looking at my attire.

"Your point?" I ask "I have gear fit for an Agent and I have a weapon that is better than any conventional weaponry." He explained walking into the cabin.

After a few moments he came back with a few things in his arms. "This is the hero suit and headset. Itll protect you and I'll be able to hear you and talk to you while your on a mission." He said.

I took the suit in my hands, its light, breathable and yes...I'll admit, it's a little flashy but probably due to the reflector vest over the black long sleeve.

I slip on the gear, it fits like a glove and it was surprisingly comfortable and breathable. "Looks good on ya bukko! And it looks like it fits well!" The Cap'n exclaimed as he looked at me.

He handed me a set of headphones, I dangle the headset around my neck. I didnt really feel like putting them on yet, I wanted to wait for a moment to see what else the Cap'n had.

He scurried back into the Cap'n and came back out a few moments later with a weapon. Same color as my gear, I take it in my hands and aimed it and shot it. It shoots exactly like a starting Splattershot, "Thags only level one of the hero shot bukko! Just wait until it gets to level 4...you'll be unstoppable." The Cap'n said.

"Sir with all due respect..." I started, why the heck am I talking to him like this? I'm talking like a soldier. I'm not a soldier I'm just here to help save Splatfest, no more no less.

"I'm simply here to help save Splatfest. I wont help after this, I'm not a soldier I'm just happy to help." I said. The Cap'n nodded "I understand kiddo, and I'll respect your decision." He said.

I nodded and put my headset on "Well...let's get started Cap'n." I said "Couldn't have said it better myself Agent 3." The Cap'n said with a smile as I walked to the first area.