Chapter 19: Jealous Much?

Inkopolis Plaza

I groaned in annoyance and the girls turned around and they scoffed "What are they doing here?" Marie hissed as our drinks were brought over. I tired to put my hood on but Sara spotted me almost immediately. She whispered to Sakura and she looked over at me.

"Hostiles incoming." I whispered as all 4 of them got up and began to make their way over to our table. Callie smirked and quickly moved over next to me "Play along." She whispered as she grabbed my arm putting it around her shoulder. "Eep!" I squeaked shyly but the look on Sakuras face was priceless. I decided to go along with the act and squeezed her shoulder.

The 4 finally arrived and I got a good look at Ichiros face, he had a black eye where I kicked him in the face "Well well well look who it is." Sakura hissed coldly as she crossed her arms. I looked at her "Do you know these guys Reo?" Marie asked playing along, the group looks at me but I shook my head "Nope never seen them in my life." I said rolling my eyes.A "Oh bullcarp! You know who we are asshole." Sara said "Oh you guys do look like people I used to be friends with but...friends dont betray eachother only to replace them a day later." I shot back. Ichiro sighed "Guys just leave him alone." He said and then the 3 girls left leaving Ichiro "Good acting Reo." Callie chirped standing up as the 3 girls left the cafe.

Ichiro sighed "You hit hard man...true or not true...good luck at Splatfest." He said leaving the cafe. I watched him leave "They are fake friends Reo, dont let them get to you." Marie said as she took a sip of her tea "Yeah...but I know how they fight...they wont risk humiliation by losing to me so they'll fight dirty." I said "Heh...so your going solo huh? Good idea you'll wipe the floor with them." Callie said with a evil grin.

I smiled and nodded "Yeah, I'll make sure to show no mercy." I muttered. The girls giggled "Yeah well we better head home thanks for hanging with us Reo see you tomorrow." Callie chirped they walked out the door. I smiled and I feel like I can trust my new found friends.

The Next Morning

I woke up and did my normal routine, coffee, cereal, shower, dressed and freshen up. I rubbed my face as I looked in the mirror, I stare at the yellow eyed and blue tentacled inkling I call myself. I've lost a few pounds and the bags under my eyes have darkened but I've seemed to gain a few muscles, I haven't even tried training but it looks like from the sheer fighting alone has gotten me this far.

I finally decided to stop looking at myself and got dressed in a black inky rider, my grandads pilot goggles and a pair of red hi-horses. I brush my teeth, cleaned up, freshened up and left my apartment and head into the plaza.

The plaza is filled with inkling in the Splatfest craz. They are already wearing their Splatfest tees and there already arguments from the oppositie sides even though Splatfest is 4 days away. I roll my eyes as I tried to avoid the crowd because I already got shoved by the crowd and nearly tramped by another crowd.

I went around instead of through to get to the kettle to the Valley. A few inkling girls stepped in my way and tried to one ask for a date or two ask me to join their team. But I was polite and said no but thanks and good luck which got a smile out of them.

I slip into the kettle and walked through the sewer to the Valley.

The Octo Valley

Statis: Inkling Control 65% Octoling Control 45%

I slipped through the kettle and looked around but no sign of 1 and 2 which probably makes sense cause of the huge crowd. I walk into the cabin and got dressed in my head but then I noticed a package that said 3 from 1 and 2. I open the package and pull out a black cape with my Agent number on it. I smiled and flipped up my collar and tie the cape around it and flip my collar down. I look in the mirror and my new look got a smile out of me...edgy but mysterious.

I like it.

I step out of the cabin only to be met by 1 and 2 "Ohhh look who it is! It's the edge lord!" Callie said with a smirk "Ay! It may be edgy but it's a amazing piece of gear." I argued "Heh, Sheldon will make some upgrades to it when newer weapons and special's get released..its still just a prototype." 2 said crossing her arms with a smirk. I nodded "Well thanks girls I really appreciate it." I said.

We were about to leave to Sector 4 but we were stopped in our tracks when we heard rattling in the entrance kettle. I turn around 1 and 2 already had their weapons pointed at the kettle so I followed suit. But the last person I expected to step through that kettle that day was....my own dad. "Reo....we need to talk." He said crossing his arms as he stepped down from the kettle.

"D-Dad?" I asked in complete disbelief and a bit of actual fear when I saw his katana strapped to his back"H-Heratio?" 1 and 2 asked with fear in their voices.

Oooo boy that was a tough one to write! Hope you guys like this one and look forward to the next one.