Chapter 4: Not so good confrontation

10 days before Splatfest

Blackbelly Skatepark

"Soooo what kinda weapon you plan on using for Splatfest?" Ichiro asks before taking a bite of some sushi "I'll go with something basic and that I'm used to." I said taking a bite of some sushi myself. "So like...the splash-o-matic or the splattershot?" He asked "Yeah, pretty much." I said dipping some sushi in some soy sauce before taking a bite.

"How about you?" I asked leaning back "Hm...I'll try the roller or the N-Zap." He said running his hand through his light green top knot.

"So..how was practice with Sakura?" He asked after he took the last bite of his sushi roll. I shrug "It was alright, she'll get used to it quickly." I said putting my hair back up in a top knot.

Before we even got up the automatic announcer informed us that 4 more players had joined the battle "I thought you said that this was a private match?" I said equipping my splash-o-matic Neo "It was..." He said.

I check my map and it shows that the randoms are not inking the stage, which to me was weird. Before I could say anything to Ichiro I'm kicked in the back by someone before I even knew what was happening me and Ichiro are lying face down in front of Team Dark Shark.

"What the?!?!" Ichiro shouted in surprise "Stay outta of dis kid, this dont concern ya." One of the goons ordered. Their leader walked up to me as I'm pulled up to my knees by his goons "So...you have eyes for my girl?" He asked in a deadly tone.

"Your girl? More like the girl you stalk?" I shot back in a hostile tone. Out of nowhere he sucker punched me. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!" Ichiro shouted but only got a punch to the gut "Shut up kid." The leader hissed.

I spat up a bit of blood due to the punch. He grabbed my top knot and yanked on it so I would look him in the eye "You go near her again...and I'll make sure you regret it buddy." He said in a cold tone. I scoff "I'm...not afraid of you." I said "Your going to-" he gets cut off my me spitting in his face.

He wipes the spit from his face "Okay then..." he said before slamming the butt of his charger into my face. My vision got blurry but I got a clear shot. He must've thought I was out cold because he was setting his charger aside.

I broke loose of his goons hold, formed a fist and smashed my fist into that dumb face of his. He was caught off guard and stumbled back trying to wrap his tiny brain around what had happened.

Ichiro broke free right after, he roundhoused kicked a goon coming at me from behind. I turn around and knee the other goon in the stomach before kicking him in the face sending him to the ground.

This feeling got me so hyped up I just couldn't stop. I double kicked the leader and then upper cutted him to the chin sending him the ground unconscious

I look around...all four Dark Shark members lay on the ground unconscious "W...wow..." I muttered in disbelief "See!! You should've joined the club after all!!!" Ichiro exclaimed as he rolled his shoulder.

My head hurts, feels like I got a concussion "I'm going home Ichiro..." I said "Oh... okay then. Safe travels Reo!!" He said with that dumb smile. I return the smile and walk home.

20 minutes later

As soon as I get home I fall face first into the couch. I was too tired to walk to the bed room so I decided to catch some z's on the couch. My head throbbed before my vision faded into the blackness of sleep.

First fight of the story!! Hope you enjoyed!!

670 words written in this chapter!