Chapter 3: The Splatfest Theme and Charger practice

Inkopolis Plaza

Inkopolis Plaza

11 days before Splatfest

"Art vs science is the theme for the Splatfest?" I asked as me and Ichiro step out of the lobby "Yeah man. Haven't you chosen your team yet?" He asked. I shook my head "I knew that there was teams but I always though that Callie and Marie had chosen the inklings fighting during the Splatfest." I said as we walked back to my apartment "Okay....bro were you sheltered? Your starting to sound a bit like Sheldon when he found a weapon he dosen't know how to fix." He said "What do you think?" "Well which team you going for?" He asked.

"Well..I'm going with Art." I said "Dang...we cant be friends anymore then." He said making it obvious that he chose science. I sigh in relief "Thank cod!! Now I have a will to live." I exclaimed "...your lucky I'm a nice guy." Ichiro growled with a sinister grin.

"May the best kid aaaannnnnnddddd Splatfest team win." Ichiro said shaking my hand "And we know which ones going to win." I said just to mess with him "Your such a slug dude." Ichiro said rolling his eyes "Have fun with your charger practice with Sakura.." he added before walking away. Man, he really likes to mess with me about my little crush on her but I always manage to keep my cool around her, I just hope he can keep his mouth shut because he cant keep a secret to save his own life sometimes, but I made it clear to him. He tells Sakura I tell Sara simple as that and that got him to shut up for the time being.

Kelp Dome

"So the E-liter is more powerful than a basic charger?" Sakura asked as she messes with the weapon, I nodded "In a way yes, has superior range but slightly less damage but it can one shot." I said resting my own E-liter on my shoulder.

"Can you show me how to aim better? I can make a perfect shot to save my life!" Sakura explains, I shrug "I dont know how I could show you. Just lead the target." I said. She sighed and tried to take aim, but her front hand wasn't far enough and she was kneeling too low. I sigh and get behind her to adjust her, "Wha!?" She exclaimed surprised "Your hands too high up and you need to plant yourself, not propose to the person your trying to splat " I said.

I rested my hand on hers and slide it up farther down on the barrel of the E-liter, then I stood up and she followed suit "Alright now try to shoot." I said. She charged the weapon up and fired but was thrown back by the heavy reaction. She falls into me and I grunted as I feel onto the ground.

"O..ouch!" I said, she quickly got up "I'm sorry Reo!!!" Sakura exclaimed extremely distressed. I sat up and looked at her "I'm fine Sakura." I said giving her a reassuring smile, she cooled off, smiled and helped me up.

After a few more tries she finally got it down on point. She moved her long orange tentacles out of her face "S...so?" She asked "I dont see why you cant win a match with that thing." I said. She smiled and hugged me tightly near knocking me over again, I gulped nervously and my heart began to race even worse her head was pressed to my chest so she definitely knew I was nervous but it made her only hug tighter.

Sakura finally released me "Th..thanks for teaching me Reo! Your the best!!" She said happily "No problem Sakura." I said patting her on the head which only made her stomp her foot "I'M NOT A LITTLE GIRL!!!" she shouted "Yeah...little girls totally dont do that." I said teasingly.

She punched me in the arm "Well I gotta go Reo!" She said grabbing her stuff. She hugged me one last time before running off. I sigh blissfully and grabbed my stuff as I was leaving I felt someone watching me but I just shrugged it off and went home.

735 words in this chapter, I'm trying to make chapters longer I swear UMU but with school and everything it's getting harder to keep up with the story.