Chapter 1: Just a regular day as a squid kid

Inkopolis

High Tide Apartments

2 weeks before Splatfest

*Beep..beep...beep*

I smack my alarm off, I cant stand the dang thing the beeping is too annoying. I sit up and my blue tentacles draped over my shoulder, I grab a hair tie and tie them up into a top knot. I got up and looked over at my night stand next to my bed, I grab my phone and saw a lot text messages from Sakura and Ichiro mostly consisting of "Wake up!!" Or "Why aren't you awake yet?!?!" I roll my eyes at the text messages they really like to pester me for sleeping in so much.

I decided to text them back "No guys I'm not awake I'm texting you from my subconscious." I texted and then threw my phone back onto the nightstand.

I stood up and made my way to the fridge for some breakfast. I grabbed some left over rice and soy sauce, I walked to the livingroom and sat down on the couch and turned on the tv.

All that was on was the new weapons auction from Ammo Knights and the newest gear and then the news. Callie and Marie, the Squid sisters are just announcing the latest regular Turf war stages and the Ranked battle stages.

"Whoa!! Hold up Marie!! We got breaking news!!!" Callie suddenly piped up "What?! What!? What!?" Marie asked looking panicked. The screen behind them changed showing this season's Splatfest theme which is Art vs Science. "Its Splatfest!!! It's coming up in two weeks!!!" Callie said jumping around happily "Wait Splatfest is in two week!?! That's crazy!! I thought it was sooner!!" Marie exclaimed

I was excited fo Splatfest considering that this is my first one. I've only been in Inkopolis for about 3 months but ever since then I've been dominating the competition. I'm already level 34 and I've already surpassed Sara's level....know that I think about it....no wonder she hates me so much. Sara is my best friends sister and a member of my squad, a long with Sakura, Sara's older sister and Ichiro my wingman who came with me from my home town and who told me to stand up to my dad.

I finished my rice and went to take a shower.

10 minutes later

I dyed myself off and got into my gear which was pilot goggles, a white anchor shirt and black and blue squid kid shoes. I grabbed my E-Liter and Neo splash-o-matic. I grabbed my phone and texted Sakura "Yo! Backbelly skate park for turf war practice?" I texted her. As soon as I set my phone down I get a response "Sure!! Go grab Ichiro and I'll bring Sara!! XD" she texted back "Aight, see you two there." I texted back.

Inkopolis Plaza, Back Alley's

I walked down the alley and roll my eyes. Ichiro is part of a brawler club, says it's easy money, he wins but he's trying to convince me to join, but I've denied because I like my face the way it is.

I turn the corner to see him leaning up against the wall "Ichiro! You win bud?" I asked walking up to him, he looked at me with a black eye and a cut on his cheek "Welp....guess I got my answer?" I asked. He shrugged "Won a couple coins..." he said grabbing his ink brush.

"Dude...dont you like your face without the black eyes and bruises?" I asked as we walked back down the alley. "What? Dosent make me look cool?" He asked running his hand through his green tentacles "Nope, makes you like you get mugged every day." I responded shaking my head. "Dang to think my best friend would be more supportive!!" He exclaimed rubbing his black eye. I put his hand down "Don't touch it. It will make it worse." I said "Whateves Reo! You always act like my big brother!" He complained pushing me to side "Yeah? Someone has to keep you out of trouble! You and your trying to impress Sara antics..." I said "Low blow man." He said putting his hood on as we entered the plaza.

Black belly Skate Park

Me and Ichiro had finally arrived at the skate park after like 2 pit stops because Ichiro had to get coffee and some medicine for his eye. "Feel better?" I ask, he nodded before I threatened him by aiming my fist at his good eye, he flinched away "Whoa man!!" He said covering his face "Ha! Thats is what you get for not listening to me and taking a break from your fight club." I said in a sarcastic tone as I put my hands back to my side

I eventually spot Sara, he tentacles are a dark blue opposite of mine and Ichiros which ours is a light gold due to the private match.

Sara waved at Ichiro but then glares at me before looking away "I see that she still hates your guts?" Ichiro asked as we walked over to her, I nodded resting my splash-o-matic on my shoulder.

"Hey Sara!" Ichiro greeted her, she smiled at him "Hi.." she responded "Where's Sakura?" I asked looking around, "None of your business.." she hissed with a cold toned stare. I frown the only thing I did to make her hate me this much was beating her and her old squad in ranked with a K.o on Tower control. She had either lost a bet or her rank went down a huge amount, when we talk she usually extremely hostile to me, she insults me on a personal level and then I get angry and insult her right back with full force, she shrinks away after that but I do feel bad for losing my cool on her.

Ichiro sat down beside Sara and gave her a friendly nudge on the shoulder, she blushed and slowly stroked her long Blue tentacles nervously. I just pulled out my phone until I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, I knew who it was and I knew what games she was playing. I completely turned around to see Sakura standing behind me with a annoyed look on her face "YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!!" She complained stomping her foot, I smirked and patted her on the head "It was worth it to annoy you." I said with a cheeky smile. She rolled her eyes and gave me an innocent smile, she moved her orange tentacles out of her face and rested her splatter scope in front of her.

"So you lovebirds done over there?" Ichiro asked standing up "Shut up Ichiro." I said looking back at him and his smile only grew wider "Teams?" I asked looking at Sara and Sakura "Sure!" "Why not?" They said "Okay..me and Ichiro vs you two?" I asked and they all nodded, for a second I though I saw that Sakura had a small frown on her face after I said the teams but nothing can make that girl frown and just shoved it off as my imagination.

"Ready?" I asked as me and Ichiro waited for the match to start "Always bro!!" He said.

The match starts and me and him charge forward

First chapter done and done, hope you guys like it!! Published it a little later than expected because of homework but I'll try to post the next one asap!!

This chapter is 1250 words long