32

After Ben ran away from me, I turned to Jenna and said "I can't do this, I need to go after him,".
"Wait...Matthew..." she replied, "Just stay with me a second...I know Ben's upset, but let's talk about this."
She grabbed onto my arm, and I hesitated. I didn't know what to do. I froze in the moment. The most important person in the world to me was running away. But still, I couldn't move. The flurry of emotions in my head were overwhelming. I couldn't rationalise the situation. I thought about what I could say to him, but nothing came up. I decided...I needed to go after him, despite the fact I had no idea what to say to him; I just knew I needed to be with him.
I wrestled free from Jenna's iron grip.
"I'm sorry Jenna, I just have to go after him. I love him."
I ran around the PE block towards the car park, and as I passed the left wing of the building, I bumped into Camden.
"Woah woah Matt, what's going on??" Asked Camden as he grabbed my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks. "I've just seen Ben...he seemed really upset. What's happened with you guys?"
I could tell by the sincere look in Camden's eyes that he was genuinely worried for the both of us. He wouldn't gossip to anyone. Ever since me and Ben first started dating, he was one of our biggest supporters. If there was anyone I could tell, it would be Camden. He'd know how I could win Ben over.
"There's been a miscommunication, and he saw me with Jenna..." I replied.
"Yeah he mentioned that...I just saw him get in his car and drive off. I think he went home."
"Thanks Camden, I'm gonna go after him."
I had to run back to Ben's house. It was about 25 minutes, my heart was beating so load, and the Adrenalin just kept me going. It was my love for Ben that compelled me.
"Hi Cher, do you know where Ben's gone?" I said calmly to Ben's mum when she opened the door, trying not to let her see the worry in my face.
"Oh...um, he left about 10 minutes ago, with a bag. I thought he was coming round to yours?"  She responded with a confused look on her face.
"Oh yeah, I'm so sorry! I forgot about that." I responded.
Ben has clearly lied to her. I didn't know where he'd gone. I did the half an hour run home, to try and get hold of him. Once I arrived, out of breath and slightly sweaty, I raced up to my room. His jumper was still on the floor from last night. I missed him. I needed him.
I kept ringing and ringing and ringing, trying to get hold of him. But there was no answer. For hours, I tortured myself, thinking of where he could've gone. And I concluded he just wanted to alone.

The next day came around, and I still hadn't been able to be hold of Ben. Cher rang me at 3pm, asking where he'd gone, saying he'd missed something important. I confessed that we'd had an argument, and I was trying to find him. I assured her he would be fine, and that it would be over soon. I felt the panic rising in my face. Ben was gone. And no one knew where he went...