42

Me and Ben knew we had to think of a plan, fast...

We spent the rest of our romantic get away devising our plan in between making love. We knew we'd have to execute it as quick as possible.

We decided to go back to Matthew's house since his parents were away again. Ben rang Camden.
"Hi Camden, I just got back and Matthew still hasn't contacted me... I just feel so alone..."
"Name a place and a time and I'll be there, anything for you." Replied Camden.
"Thanks Camden, you're a real friend you know," said Ben, and with that he put down the phone and smiled at me.
As 7pm drew closer and our meeting with Camden drew nearer, Ben was a bit nervous, so I stroked his cheek and kissed him softly. He grabbed my hand and we made our way to his car.
We listened to 'Dakota' by The Stereophonics as we drove there, I could tell Ben was nervous, after all, Camden had been our friends for years, and this was a betrayal I knew he couldn't take lightly.

As we pulled into the lay-by at the lake, I drew my seat backwards, so Camden couldn't see me through the tinted glass. Ben got out of the car.

"Hey Benny, how are you holding up? I know it's a difficult time for you..."

"Yeah, I just... I wanted to ask you a few things" Ben said in a sultry tone, trying to soften him up. "So you really haven't heard anything from him? Not even a text? I've just been struggling to comprehend the situation...I couldn't get hold of him myself..." Ben continued.

"I don't know what to say Ben, it's a difficult situation. I haven't heard anything."

"So you're sure you heard nothing?"

"No, I wish I could tell you I had."

"Alright then," Ben replies, slightly colder, and asks for me to get out of the car...