1

His blonde hair and tall stature has always made me weak from being childhood friends to now; I know we should be more.

***

It started in PE, on a hot and sunny day. We were playing rugby and fresh out the scrum, Matthew was stood on the other side of the pitch, waiting for me to pass to him. All of a sudden it dawned on me; his beauty. His piercing eyes. I stood there like a fool.
Naturally, someone ran at me and I was tackled to the floor. My head hit the ground with a thump and an immense pain ran through my skull, but still all I could think of was him. What a pretty pastime this would be to contemplate.
When I opened my eyes from their sun-blinded squint, I found myself gazing upwards at Matthew. At once, he offered his hand out to me, a gesture which made my heart flutter at the very thought.
"Ben? You alright?"
I struck out my left hand to grab his palm. His grip tightened around my fingers as he pulled me upwards into a stand.
As Matthew's hand rested on my shoulder he questioned "do you need a break?", a kindly question which I shrugged off with "no, I'm fine".
I could feel the sensation of my skin blush, not from the sun, but from the embarrassment of making such a fool out of myself. However, as I looked at him, sweat dripping from his brow, I felt an undertone of lust to the rosiness of my cheeks.