19

It was the 19th December and later that evening was the christmas party, at the Goose Hotel, a inexpensive but nicely kept venue where a crime-comedy film was set in the 2000's.
Me and Matthew pulled up to the drive in the Volvo. We were both dressed in suits, with ties, and shirts loose at the top of the buttons.
"Let's go," I turned to Matthew. "I need a drink."
We walked in, met with the rest of the boys and headed on into the venue.
Classic Christmas songs were blaring from the speakers inside, and a small platform with a microphone was at the front, with a dim light above it.
When I turned around me Matthew was gone.
"Hey everyone, sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to say something," it was him. The crowd gave a small applause and he continued. "I know you've all been hearing things...but I just wanted to say that..."
I could feel my heart beating fast in my chest.
"So what if me and Ben are together." The crowd went silent. "I love him...I really do." The microphone trembled as he stepped off the stage and back into the crowd.
"Wooo" shouted max, and began to clap, followed by Jenna, followed by everyone else.
I glanced back in front of me, where Matthew was stood. He opened his slender arms wide and embraced me, pulling me close to his chest. I felt so loved, and so happy.