Valentines Special

Hi everyone! Happy Valentines Day to all our amazing readers! Here's a little special chapter for a special occasion. FYI: it's unrelated to the current plot.

- Jenna and Maxine <3

Ben's POV:

Valentines day fell on a Sunday this year, which luckily for me, meant Matthew was out all morning coaching the Birchwood under 12s rugby team. His parents spend much more of their time up in London for work, especially now that Olive has moved to a private school over there. I knew where they kept the spare key, so I decided for our Valentines date, I would let myself in and prepare a meal for Matthew for when he returned. Today's menu was waffles: last time we tried to make them...well... the batter ended up all over the floor and we ended up all over each other in the shower. Safe to say no waffles were consumed that day...

I started with a light batter, flavouring it with vanilla, and poured it generously into the iron. He'd be back around four, and the time on the clock on the mantel was just coming up to three.

I bought some bottles of Fanta fruit twist, set out some champagne flutes with strawberries in each one, and popped each bottle of beverage into the wine cooler. After that, I scattered the rose petals from the door to the open plan dining space in Matthew's house and lit a couple of vanilla scented candles around the downstairs area. I lit the wood burner in the living room, and unrolled the fluffy faux fur rug from the closet under the stairs and placed in on the floor next to the fire, with pillows against the sofa to we could sit on the floor and snuggle whilst we watched 'Your name engraved herein'.

I went back to the kitchen as the waffles were now done, and the iron was in need of a refill for the next batch. I moved on to the chocolate covered strawberries which I made with some vegan Bourneville chocolate. I knew Matthew secretly had a sweet tooth...

It was almost four, so I decided to change into my special outfit: JUST a frilly pink apron. Yes, that was the outfit I went for.

I heard him pull up into the drive so i started to serve up the waffles. He made his way to the entrance and looked confused as he realised that the door was already unlocked and slightly ajar. As he walked in I heard a slight gasp as he put his keys down and followed the rose petals trail to me. A dazed look played over his sculpted face and I could feel my love for him welling up inside.

'Happy Valentine's Day my love,' I whispered to him.
He made his way over to me with a powerful stride and embraced me fiercely.
'I love you so much Ben,' he gently replied as I nuzzled my head into his neck.
We stood there holding one another occasionally planting kisses on each other's faces. This gentleness continued until matt slid his hand down my back and groped my butt cheek realising it was bare.
'Ummm Ben... are you not wearing any underwear?' He asked with a hint of excitement in his voice.
'Happy valentines,' I replied with a smirk. He blushed.

'Anyway Matthew the food is ready and will go cold so please allow me to serve you with the main event... waffles!!!'
He sat down at the table and I filled his glass with Fanta.
'Have I ever told you that I absolutely love and adore you,'
'Once or twice,' I replied as I scooped lashings of vegan whipped cream and chocolate hazelnut spread on his waffle then placing it in front of him.
I sat down opposite him and filled my glass also with Fanta, ready to tuck into our valentines feast. He reached his hand across the table and held mine.
'I really love you Ben,' he said with a more serious tone.
'I know... I love you too.' And with that we finished our waffles causally chatting and smiling at each other.

When the waffles were finished and the Fanta drank, I ushered him into the living room, revealing the platter of chocolate strawberries with the roaring fire and the film ready to play. He grabbed me around my waste and passionately kissed me, untying the my apron at the same time.

'I love you Benjamin Alley,'
'I love you too Matthew Flynn,'