35

I screeched out of the petrol station towards the goose hotel down the M37. My mum didn't have a black box, so I went ahead and broke the speed limits. The Goose Hotel was situated in Conduit, a small town about 45 minutes away from the petrol station I was currently at. I raced along, sweating, worrying, powering on, thinking about the pain that my love was in...because of me...because of what he saw. 'Dakota' by Stereophonics played on the radio. This was the song: this was our song. It played when we first kissed each other, that rainy night on the lake. The night when my life changed, the night when I realised the beauty in Ben Alley. This moment confirmed to me, that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, and that I couldn't see a future without him.
The universe was on my side this night, I hit no red lights, no traffic, despite it being rush hour. I sailed straight towards the light of my life. As I drew closer to the Goose Hotel, my heart started pounding even louder and faster in my chest, out of fear I wouldn't complete my mission of winning back his heart.
I pulled into the long winding drive way, the stones of the path crackling under my wheels, and as I entered the car park, I saw it. The Volvo. He was here.