43

Sorry to keep you waiting, but the next part of 'Scrum Half' is finally here on Wattpad. We wanted to say thank you to everyone who is continuing to read through, and has been incredibly patient waiting for the next chapter, but don't worry, Ben and Matthew's love will never fade!
~ Jenna & Max

**********

The expression of pure shock on Camden's face as I walked out of the car was something I'd never seen before. I glanced over at Ben, and saw he looked slightly uneasy, this must've been so difficult for him... I knew I needed to keep him safe.

"Look Camden, it's all out in the open now, we know what's been going on... but I can't understand why you'd do this?" I said bluntly, I knew I needed to get my point across right away.

"Just let me explain..." stuttered Camden. "In all honesty, Ben, I'm in love with you, I always have been, all throughout secondary school, and well..." all he could manage was to look down at his feet. "well...when I found out that Jenna liked Matthew, I suggested we kind of.. team up?"

I had a feeling Jenna was involved in the whole mess somehow, she just couldn't bare to not get her own way. What a stupid bitch to think this 'plan' would actually fool me and Ben?

"Ben.. we wanted to make sure that you thought Matt was secretly seeing Jenna, then you two would split up..." Camden was now bright red in the face, his back pressed against his Ford Feista and his hands guiltily packed into his pockets.

"That's all we needed to hear," i said to Camden, as i walked over to him.

There was a loud bang as i slammed my right hand on the doorframe of his car, inches from his shoulder.

"Don't think you can go anywhere near me, and especially Ben EVER again." I whispered, our noses almost touching. He couldn't even look at me.

I put my arm around Ben, squeezed his shoulder and turned to him with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, it's all over now, I love you, and I will never stop protecting you."

"I love you too."

And with that, me and Ben got back in the car and left, leaving Camden at the lake, still in shock. It started to drizzle with rain ever so slightly, and the sky turned a cool grey. We turned on the radio, where Kate Bush's 'Babooshka' was playing, and headed home.