XXXVI

• The Fall of Amphitrite •

Amphitrite could feel the heat from his saber on her chest

Amphitrite could feel the heat from his saber on her chest. But Ben couldn't move. He was frozen, unable to move his limbs at all. He looked over at Amphitrite. "What have you done to me?" He ordered. Amphitrite, who seemed to be very concentrated and focused, had her hands outstretched infront of her. Her fingers pointed at Ben as she strained them each and sweat beaded at her forehead from her concentration. "Where there is life, there is water." she told him, keeping him still. "I can control every vein, every muscle, and every tendon in your body. The blood in your veins bends to my will. Your heart beats only to my commands." Her blue eyes narrowed at the Solo, who seemed to be stricken ever so lightly with fear. "I could tear you apart from the inside out." She growled. "But you wont." Ben told her flatly. "Oh?" Amphitrite said, a shocked hint in her tone as she kept a tight hold around the Solo. "And why's that." "Because," Ben began calmly like he wasn't being held against his will by a girl who could kill him in the worst way imaginable. "I understand you. Would you really give your all to protect people who have judged you? Who fear you? Who treat you like a wild animal just because you're amazingly gifted in ways they can never understand. I am just like you, Amy. Luke kidnapped you and took you from your family. He wiped your mind of any memory you have of your home. Do you really want to defend him and his work?" His words stung, he meant for them to. Slowly as he spoke, Amphitrite released her grasp on him. "I understand you. Much more then your 'friends' do. Come with me. You and I can finally be free from people who judge us just because we are gifted." He outstretched his hand to her again. Amphitrite looked at it. Pain was evident in her blue eyes. "We will be free?" She asked, her voice was small and nothing like the threatening monster that almost slaughtered the young Ben Solo. She sounded meak and scared rather then like a powerful warrior. "Yes," Ben said as he moved his hand to brush Amphitrite's midnight black jedi braid from her face. "Free. it can be just you and me against the galaxy." Amphitrite opened her mouth to say something but that's when a voice from behind her cut her off. "Amphitrite?" She turned away from Ben to find the source and that's when she saw Hazel, she looked at her with worried eyes. "Amphitrite what are you doing?" She asked and Amphitrite felt nothing but pure conflict rise up inside of her. "Remember your freedom, Amy." Ben's soft voice was in her ears. "You know what to choose." And with Ben's soothing voice in her ear, Amphitrite's eyes went dark. "You're right." She said with an emotionless tone. Her eyes seemed to be void of life as she lifted her hands, pulling the same ice shards from the ground as earlier. She turned completely to Hazel. Her eyes were still showing no sign of vitality as she outstretched her fingers towards her and in one swift motion the ice darts had impaled Hazel's body without even giving her a second to react. She fell to the ground, blood starting to pool from her wounds and around her now frail little body. Amphrite exhaled before turning back to Ben. She didn't even skip a beat, looking at him with those same lifeless cold eyes. "Let's go."