XI

I've been having these dreams

"Ben!" Amphitrite said in a hushed scream

"Ben!" Amphitrite said in a hushed scream. She certainly hadn't expected him of all people to be out here at this time of night. "You frightened me!" She added as she tried to regain her steady breathing pattern. "Do you have any idea how long you were under water?" He repeated his question and Amphitrite got out of the pond and sat on the grass next to him. "I don't know a couple of minutes. "Amphitrite," He said as he looked over at her with curious yet hooded brown eyes. "You were down there for almost two hours." "What?" She said as she looked at him in disbelief. But then she looked up at the moons. She noticed that they had indeed shifted from their earlier position. This meant that it had been at least an hour since she had last seen them. Realization washed over her face. "How is that possible?" She asked, clearly stunned. Ben looked at her as if he were trying to figure that out himself. "I don't know..." He said as he studied her. "Wait a minute," Amphitrite said as she shot him a skeptical look, "What are you doing out here anyways?" she asked and Ben rolled his eyes. "I saw you leaving your room and I was curious to see what you could possibly be doing this late at night." "Well I don't know what I'm doing, hope that answers your question." "You don't know why you came out here at all?" Ben asked and Amphitrite sighed. She didn't want to tell Ben, of all people, her reasoning for why she snuck out of her room late at night. She didn't know if she could trust him. And for some strange reason he had followed her out here too? She found it weird. Very weird. Something about the Solo boy just didn't sit right with her. Still she had to tell someone. She had to let someone know about the strange events that had been plaguing her for nights on end now. But could she trust Ben? He hadn't given her a solid reason not to trust him. She chewed her lip. It may have not been the best decision but Amphitrite chose to trust the raven haired boy. "Okay that's not entirely true." "What do you mean?" Ben asked as if he were now interested in what she had to say. "I've been having these dreams..."