V

• " Save His Soul " •

"This is about me being different isn't it

"This is about me being different isn't it." Amphitrite began as Luke had asked her to stay. Luke sighed. "Unfortunately, you're right this time." He told her with a small frown on his face. Amphitrite bit her lip as she looked down at her feet, disappointed in herself. "I'm sorry, Master Luke, but I just don't think I can do this. I'm not like the others. I can't feel the force. I'm not meant to be a Jedi, you and I both know that." Luke looked down at her with cold, stern, grey eyes and Amphitrite looked up at him, worried that he might punish her for speaking out. "There is a reason for everything. The force has connected you with this place, with me, for a reason. You're supposed to be here." "Then why? Why am I here if I have to be forced to see just how different I am from everyone else each day. Do you have any idea how painful that is? It's bad enough that I have no idea who I am, or where I am from, but I also have to live in an environment where I am completely different from anyone else. No one else has problems with the force like me." "Settle down, Amphitrite." Luke commanded. Amphitrite let out a shaky breath before giving a small respectful bow to Luke. "I'm sorry Master, forgive me." Luke gave a small nod to the girl. "You remind me of my nephew." "Ben?" "Yes, Ben. You may not be able to see it but he is different from the others here too." "How? Your nephew-Ben is extremely gifted. He's probably the strongest padawan out here." "He wasn't always like that. His mother, Leia, knew from the moment her son was born with a shock of black hair that there would be a great pull to the darkness within him. I can feel it in him, the struggle, the pull inside of him. There is great conflict in my nephew. He just doesn't show it." Amphitrite looked at her master, confused. "Why are you telling me this?" Luke's eyes drifted from Amphitrite's eyes to her midnight black jedi braid. Yes, one lock of Amphitrite's golden blond hair was tainted the darkest shade of black and it was where her jedi braid was. Luke's eyes became soft for a moment. "Because," He said softly. "I told you, you remind me of him. Maybe you can get to him, I fear I can't. His mother wouldn't be able to bear to loosing him to the same darkness that took our father." "With all due respect, Master, what do you except me to do?" "You can understand him better then I can. Just try to talk to him. Find a way to 'save his soul'."