X

The Water

The crisp night air nipped at Amphitrite's pale skin

The crisp night air nipped at Amphitrite's pale skin. She walked out to the pond, the dew covered grass made her bare feet slick. It wasn't long before she stood at the edge of the pond. She looked out over it, almost as if she were waiting for something or someone to tell her what to do next. She finally took a deep breath as she placed one foot in the cool clear water. And then her other foot followed shortly. She continued to move, almost like she was in a trance. She had no control over her body and what she was doing. Her legs just seemed to move on their own. Before she knew it she was chest deep in the water. She looked up at the sky, the light of the full moons illuminated her pale face. She took in a deep breath as she took another step and her whole body was completely submerged in water. She started to float effortlessly in the cool liquid, letting her thoughts go as her mind became blank and she could feel nothing but the water encasing her completely. Her robes flowed around her peacefully and for once she felt rested. She let her mind be at peace as she closed her eyes. However the second she did she could hear the distant sound of laughter. It sounded like the laughter of children, little girls to be exact. There was a soft white light in her vision and she could see two girls running down a  corridor, holding hands and laughing. The gleeful scene was quick to fade however, but it did shift to something else. Amphitrite could hear the sound of an ocean. Water shifting and moving around itself. She saw the girl from her dreams, her face still blurry but she could tell it was the same girl. "Don't worry, Amphitrite. I'm coming." She said. Her voice was soft but strong at the same time. And just as quickly as the image came to her, Amphitrite's eye shot open and she could feel herself being drawn to the surface of the water. As soon as her head broke the surface of the water she gasped for air but her eyes met the gaze of a familiar pair of brown eyes. Ben Solo sat at the edge of the pond, watching her in the Moonlight. "Do you have any idea how long you were under water?"