VI

Something I Need to Do

Amphitrite left the temple after her talk with Luke

Amphitrite left the temple after her talk with Luke. His request to her was definitely not what she was expecting to hear from him. But it was a different challenge then what she had been facing with trying to reach out to a force that only chose to ignore her. She still didn't see how she and Ben Solo were similar at all but she guessed that was Luke's challenge after all. Her friends saw her not long after she left the Jedi temple. "Hey what did Luke have to talk to you about?" Leo asked as he came up to her with Hazel following behind him. "Just the usual." Amphitrite replied with a sad smile. "Just how he understands that I'm 'different' or whatever but I should keep trying to connect with the force because it brought me here for a reason and blah blah blah." She said and Hazel giggled at her words. It wasn't a complete lie, Amphitrite just figured that it was better to keep the whole "You are like my nephew" conversation out of what she told her friends. She wasn't too sure on how the would feel about their master claiming that she was like the Padawan black sheep. "Sounds like Typical old Master Luke." Hazel said and Amphitrite nodded with her smile. "Yep. Like I said, The usual." "Sounds like Luke hasn't changed." Leo mused along with the group. The sky had started to get cloudy and Amphitrite could feel moisture gathering in the air. It was going to rain soon. That's when she saw him. In the distance, sitting under a tree by a small pond in the are, was Ben Solo. He was by himself as usual and Amphitrite began to wonder if he actually had any friends at all. He seemed to be a rather sad individual now that she thought of it. He was always alone. She tore her gaze from him to her friends. "You guys go ahead. It's going to rain soon anyways. I'll catch up later." Leo and Hazel looked at her confused before looking at each other and back at her. "What? Why? Where are you going?" Leo asked. "Your clothes will get all wet if it rains. Don't you want to come inside with us?" Hazel asked as well. "I'll be fine. I don't mind the water. You two go ahead. I have something I need to do."