XX

Familiar Words

"Sorry, Leo!" Amphitrite said as she turned to her friends after returning the rather traumatized fish back to his watery home

"Sorry, Leo!" Amphitrite said as she turned to her friends after returning the rather traumatized fish back to his watery home. "I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing," Leo began as he wiped dripping water from his chin. "That every time you play with 'magic water' I end up getting soaked." He complained and Hazel only laughed again. "I'm sure it won't." She said encouragingly. "Yeah," Amphitrite continued "I'll try to keep my 'magic water' to myself from now on." She teased gently with a laugh. "So what did master luke set you up to today?" Leo asked, distracting the conversation from his soaked clothes. "Well," Amphitrite began as she looked over at the pond. "He wants me to use my abilities to catch a fish and place it in that bucket over there." she said as she then gestured to the bucket over by the tree that Luke had set up for her. "Oh and he wants it to be alive when I bring it to him. So I can't try to cheat my way around this one." The others nodded as they listened to her. They obviously weren't too interested, and Amphitrite could tell that their focus was elsewhere. "Well," Hazel began as a smile spread on her face, "Master Luke told us yesterday that we are going to start building our lightsabers today!" She said cheerfully. "Wow already?" Amphitrite asked and the other two just nodded, obviously filled with excitement. "Well I'm excited for you both, I really am." "What do you mean?" Hazel asked as her expression slowly started to fade to one of confusion. "Don't you get to make one too? You're a padawan aren't you?" She asked as she gestured to the midnight black padawan braid that stuck out among the rest of Amphitrite's golden blonde hair like a sore thumb. She shook her head. "I'm no padawan and I will certainly never be any kind of jedi. I was never meant to be." It sounded a lot more somber then she meant for it to. Something about the words 'I am no Jedi' Felt strange and familiar to her. They had been said before long ago... She sighed as she tried to find the right things to say next to lighten the mood. "But you two go and have fun. I'll be here playing go fish if you need me." She said a little jokingly in an attempt to lighten the mood . Her friends nodded before finally telling her goodbye and going off to learn more about building their lightsabers they had been promised.