XIX

To Catch a Fish

The next morning the padawans didn't have a morning lesson

The next morning the padawans didn't have a morning lesson. But Amphitrite did. Luke brought her to that same pond that she always seemed to end up at. He had her look over the edge and into the crystal clear water. "The lesson for today is a little bit more complex." He had told her. "You are going to work on precise technique and skill." He walked closer to the edge of the pond, beckoning for her to follow. The two of them peered over the edge of the pond. Luke pointed to a generously sized fish. "You are going to use your abilities, and only your abilities, to catch a fish much like that one." He said in reference to the fish and then he turned back to the land and pointed to a wooden bucket that sat alone underneath the shade of a tree. "And you are going to put it in that bucket and bring it to me. Alive." Amphitrite sighed as she nodded to her master. All she had done with her 'gift' was make small little waves and learn to breath. How was she supposed to catch a fish with her abilities? It just seemed so complex for a beginner. "Good. I will be reading up on some of the ancient Jedi texts if you need me. Be sure to bring me the catch once you are done." Luke told her before he turned to leave. Of course he was going to leave her alone for this, he always did. What else was new? Amphitrite let out a deep breath as she began to focus on the pond and the fish in front of her. She closed her eyes for a brief second as she tried to focus on her breathing pattern. Once she got a deep breath in and out she opened her eyes as she grounded her feet into a more firm stance, one that would not be so easily knocked down. She moved her hands in front of her, allowing them to move freely like the ocean waves but still refined as the current of a river. She kept her eyes trained on the fish in the pond that luke had pointed out and with heavy concentration she began to lift the fish out of the pond with a bubble of water surrounding him. She gently lifted the bubble out of the water and over the land and- "Amphitrite!" A sudden voice called. Startled, Amphitrite yelped before losing concentration and control over the bubble which instantly lost its structure and splashed on to an unsuspecting victim below it. Also known as Leo. "Ew!" Leo shrieked as he looked down at his now wet clothes. Hazel, who had been walking with him began to giggle at him. "The fish!" Amphitrite exclaimed as she saw the helpless creature flop around on the ground. She was quick to pick it up, and though it slipped around in her hands a few times she was able to get him safely back into the pond, unharmed and somehow still alive.