XV

What Are You Doing?

Amphitrite had been at her wave-making for what felt like hours when a voice finally broke the silence

Amphitrite had been at her wave-making for what felt like hours when a voice finally broke the silence. "You didn't tell him about me, did you?" Amphitrite turned her head, keeping her stance to make the waves, and saw Ben. "I'm sorry?" Ben stepped closer to her, standing beside her now. "You didn't tell him that I pushed you over or yelled at you. You only told him about your dreams." He said. "Yeah." Amphitrite replied as she tried to focus on her task. "That's right." She  was tired and her arms were growing heavy from the constant movement. Her front leg was shaking ever so slightly from all of her weight being placed on it. Ben looked at her and what she was doing. He could see the sweat glistening on her forehead and he could hear the shaky breaths she was taking. "What are you doing?" He asked her and Amphitrite's gaze kept to the waves she was making. "Look." She said as she nodded her head to the edge of the pond. Ben looked down and noticed the small waves. He looked at them and then at her. "Are you doing that?" He asked and she nodded slowly. "How?" He asked as he stepped closer. He studied her and her actions. "Are you using the force?" She shook her head in response. "Nope." She said as she continued her movements. "Your uncle told me I'm an Elemental with power over water." "Huh." He said as he processed the new information about her. "Shouldn't you be doing more with this power then just pushing water back and forth?" "Luke said I would start with this, then move on to more advanced stuff." Ben nodded and just then the voice of someone else broke their brief conversation. "Amphitrite!" She turned her head to see Leo and Hazel walking towards her. Ben saw them too. "Well I will leave you to your um - water controlling." He said as he walked away. "What did he want?" Leo asked as he approached Amphitrite, his eyes on Ben as he walked away alone. "Nothing." Amphitrite lied. "Well we asked Luke where you were this morning since you weren't at training and He told us pretty much everything!" Hazel said, changing the subject. Amphitrite blinked as she looked up at them. "Everything?" She asked, a little surprised. Hazel nodded. "Yep! You're an elemental! That's so cool!" Amphitrite laughed nervously. "Haha yeah... It's great..." She said as she focused on her waves. "What are you doing? Are you using your powers for that?" Leo asked as he looked down at the waves. Amphitrite nodded. "Woah cool!" Hazel said as she looked down at it. "Amphitrite." Another voice called and Leo and Hazel turned to see Luke approaching them. "You can stop now." He told her and as soon as Amphitrite ceased her actions she nearly collapsed from exhaustion. She had been doing that for what felt like hours. Her joints were stiff and her arms and legs were sore. "Now go rest. I'll give you your next lesson in the afternoon."