IV

• Luke •

"Today we are going to be discussing your connections with the force

"Today we are going to be discussing your connections with the force." Master Luke began as the padawans filled the temple. He instructed them all to take a seat on the temple floor. "Close your eyes." He told them all and the padawans followed. "And reach out with your mind. Feel the force and let it guide you." Amphitrite sat next to Leo and another one of her friends named Hazel. Hazel was a kind girl with curly red hair and bright blue eyes. She was from some lushly vegetated planet that Amphitrite could never seem to remember the name of. Hazel always seemed to have a strong connection with the nature around her. Amphitrite could tell she would not have any trouble connecting to the force. On her other side, Leo was sitting strong, breathing calmly. Amphitrite could feel and hear every breath he took. Leo was strong and stubborn. He would push his way to the force if he had to but he would connect with it no matter what. Amphitrite however, struggled. She felt no pull, no call, no nothing. It was as if the force wouldn't even listen to her. She could even sense the other padawans around her feeling the force but she was barren. Time began to creep by at an agonizingly slow pace. But soon the lesson was over. "You are all dismissed." Master Luke told the padawans. The students began to get up from their spots on the floor to leave. A soft chatter filled the room as friends talked about the lesson and what they would be doing afterwards. "Except for you, Padawan Amphitrite." Luke said and Amphitrite sighed. Leo and Hazel turned to look at her with wondering eyes. "I won't be long." She told them quietly. Leo nodded. "We'll wait for you outside." He told her as he looked to Hazel and told her they should go.