XXVIII

• Beautiful •

Amphitrite had allowed Ben to walk back to her room with her

Amphitrite had allowed Ben to walk back to her room with her. It had been a busy, long, and not so comforting day. And she was starting to truly see some similarities between her and the Solo. She was starting to feel as if he would be not only a good friend but a valid ally as well. "What do you mean, 'just like you'? What are you insinuating?" She asked as she walked with him. Ben sighed as his brown eyes looked down to the ground as they walked. "My uncle fears me." He said. "Him, my mother, my father... they all did. That's why I'm here. I proved to be very powerful with the force so they sent me here... alone and without answers." He looked over at the elemental with a look of pain on his pale face. "Amphitrite," he paused for a moment, "can-can I just call you Amy? Amphitrite is a lot to say..." Amphitrite nodded slowly with a small smile. "Yeah, I'd like that." She replied and Ben smiled back for a moment until he remembered what he was going to say and his face fell again. He fiddled with his fingers almost nervously as they walked. "Amy, in the years I was sent here until I met you I have never felt so alone and abandoned. My own mother didn't even tell me about my grandfather's true identity. I had to find out by someone else telling me." "Your grandfather?" She asked, trying to figure out what he was referring to. "Darth Vader." He replied flatly. Realization washed over her face. "Your grandfather was Darth Vader?" She asked. Ben's face became worried. He began to wonder if he should have told her. Most of the padawans either feared him because of his legacy or they relentlessly made fun of him-talking about him behind his back- and other cruel things. He was treated differently by everyone he had ever known just because of something he couldn't control. And he began to fear that the one girl who he seemed to identify with might side with those who mistreated him all his life. His brown eyes looked down at her, waiting for a response. "I don't know who my grandfather was." She replied. "I don't even know who my parents are, if I have a family." Ben's face shifted from worry to confusion. "Luke never told you?" She shook her head. "He always said he found me as a child with no idea where I had come from and he could sense that I was special through the force. He thought I was force sensitive so he brought me here." She sighed. "But that's not the point." She said as she looked up at him. They had finally reached her room. "The point is, it doesn't matter who your parents or grandparents are. You are what makes you, well, you." Ben smiled slightly at the golden haired girl. "So you don't fear me?" "Fear you?" Amphitrite scoffed. "Of course not. Why would I? I just think you're a little misunderstood. And maybe a little rude but we can work on that." "Rude?" Ben asked shocked but still smiling. It was a playful response and he made that clear. "Yes. Don't you remember that day I bumped into you? You were all quiet and angsty. Even though I apologized all you did was stare at me and then walk away!" Ben rolled his eyes playfully. "Geez I'm sorry I got flustered over running into a pretty girl." Amphitrite froze. "You... you think I'm pretty?" Her cheeks flushed and Ben paled as soon as he realized what he had said. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Um yeah..." he replied quietly. Amphitrite smiled softly. She leaned up and placed a kiss on the Solo's cheek. "Thank you, Ben." She grabbed his hand and pulled him into her room with her. "It's time we went to sleep." She told him. She looked back at him for a brief moment, her soft smile still on her rosy lips as she whispered to him. "I think you're beautiful too, by the way."