Chapter 38: Friends Don't Kiss

One Week Later...

Sam's P.O.V.

We made it to the Finals! Three games down, one more to go! First game of State Cup went well. We won 4-3 against an all guys team from Eastern PA. Yesterday we had a double header. Game 1 was against a co-ed team from the other side of Pittsburgh. We won that game 5 - 0. Game 2 was against an all guys team from Philly. We won 2 - 1. Tomorrow is the final game of State Cup. We're playing another team from Eastern PA and from what I've heard they play dirty. Hopefully we'll get some good refs tomorrow.

"Hey Sam! Elle and I are going for a walk around campus. Want to come?" Braden asked. 

"Sure." I slipped my shoes on the grabbed my phone from my bed. Braden locked up our dorm room then we went downstairs to meet Elle. We walked around campus taking in the sights. We stopped to take some pictures with the huge mascot statue then continued on our walk.

"What's going on with you and Bryan?" Elle asked.

"Yeah. There was something clearly going on between you two. But now it's like you guys are trying to avoid each other." Braden added.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"Yeah." They both said at the same time making me chuckle. 

"We went out on a couple dates." I replied.

"And?" Ellie asked.

"Nosey much." Braden replied making me laugh.

"It's complicated." I replied.

My phone dinged along with Elle's and Braden's.

      Max: Party on the roof

"Let's go!" Braden yelled. We went back to our dorm and upstairs to the roof. As we got closer, we could hear music blaring. Braden pushed the door open. Woe. There's a lot of people here. Max came over with a bottle.

"Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Shot. Everybody!"

"Shots on the roof? Not really the best combination." Elle said.

"Relax, Elle. We only got one bottle so one sip per person." Max said handing me the bottle. Okay let's pretend like we know what we're doing. I took a quick sip. Ugh that's awful. I handed the bottle to Braden. I looked around taking everything in until I saw Bryan then I looked back at Max. 

A Little Later...

It was starting to get dark out so one of the guys went down and came up with some string lights they stole from their dorm room. I was sitting on ledge (with my feet on the roof) talking to Kat. I met her this afternoon when our teams played each other.

"So, that's your boyfriend?" I asked pointing to the guy who was doing a keg stand.

"Yep. That's my Alex." She replied with a sigh. Clearly not impressed with his keg stand. I chuckled.

"How did they even get a keg?" I asked. 

"I have no idea." 

"How about you?" She asked.

"I was kind of going out with this guy on my team but we're not anymore." 

"Let me guess. Number 8?" 

"Is it really that obvious?" I asked making her chuckle.

"Well. He's looked over like a hundred times already and I could tell by the way he was watching you today on the field. Speak of the devil, he's coming this way." She whispered yelled the last part.