Chapter 29: Big News

Let me know whatcha think in the comments. - Sam :) 

Sam's P.O.V.

"And...It's in." I said as I submitted my essay for English Class. Then I logged out of school for the day. 26 days, that's all that's left of High School. I got up from my desk chair then went to go tell my Mom I was ready to go. She has to pick up a few things then we're going to pick some decorations out for my Graduation party. The party's after my graduation ceremony next month. It's still kind of hard to believe. In 37 days, I'll walk on stage and get my diploma. Then my Dad's condition will be met and I can date Harry. Speaking of Harry I hope he's still able to come next month. We haven't really talked much lately he's been pretty busy. Last time we talked on the phone was probably about a month ago. Since then it's been a text here and there.

"Hey Mom. I'm done." I said going into her office.

"Your coach emailed to remind about practice tonight and about the game this weekend. He has some pretty big news to share with you guys tonight." She said handing me the printed email. My old outdoor Coach was able to put a team together for the spring season. So far we've been undefeated, which is pretty good for being the only co-ed team in an all boys high school bracket.

"I wonder what the big news is?"

"I don't know." She replied.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked.

"Yeah. Let me just go grab my phone." 

After we ran our errands, we went back home so I could get ready for practice. I threw on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts then slipped on my shoes. I grabbed my phone and soccer bag then went to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle. Once I was ready to go I grabbed my keys then went to tell my Mom I was leaving. Then I left for practice.

20 minutes later...

I got to the high school stadium (that's where we have our practices and home games). I went in the stadium to see some of my team stretching and goofing off. I went over and sat with my friend, Braden so I could put my cleats on. 

"Hey."

"Hey. What's up?" She replied.

"Not much. What's up with you?"

"Nothing." I took my shoes off then took my cleats out of my bag.

"Do you know what Coach's 'big news' is?" She asked as I was putting my cleats on.

"I don't know. I'm kinda thinking he just said that to try and get more people to come to practice." I replied. She chuckled.

"Hopefully it's something good."

"You want to pass the ball?" I asked once my cleats were on. 

"Sure." We passed the ball until Coach came. He gathered us around to talk.

"What's the big news, Coach?" Ethan, one of my teammates asked.

"We've been asked to play in the State Cup." The State Cup! That's awesome! Only a few teams get asked to play in that.

"The Commissioner emailed me last night with the news."

"When is it?" Bryan asked.

"Next month." Coach replied then went into his 'buckle down' speech then we started practice.

One and a half hours later...

Practice is over. We pretty much did a few drills and couple little things we needed to work on then we finished by playing a couple games.