Chapter 35: Repeat

Hey Guys!

I'm dedicating this chapter to my friend, @Bhree_Anna_Styles. She started an Instagram account where she posts all things 1D and recommends Wattpaders stories. Make sure to check her out on Instagram:   fangirl_aura

I hope you guys like the chapter! Let me know what you think in the comments. 

-Sam :)

Sam's P.O.V.

Couple Days Later...

Game Day...

A few of us were warming up our goalie before the big game against SC. They're our biggest rival in our bracket. I can't stand this team. All they do is play dirty and run their mouths. Our goalie looked at me meaning he was ready for me to shoot. I took a couple steps back then went up and kicked it. He saved it. 

"Easy, Sam. Save some for the game." Bryan said as he approached me. I gave him the ball once I got it back so he could have a turn. I thought being on the field and playing would help clear my head, but for the first time it didn't seem to be helping. His words continued to play over and over in my head.

"Sam" Too late to hang up now. He sounds like he just woke up.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I said. 

"It's alright. It's alright. How are you?" He asked.

"I want to say I'm fine but we both know that's a lie. I hope you didn't just call me last night to ask me that."

"I called you last night?" He asked in a surprised tone. 

"Yeah." He didn't say anything.

"You still there?" I asked.

"I'm here. I had a few drinks last night. I must have called you. I'm sorry." He replied.

"Oh." It became silent again.

"How are you?" I asked breaking the silence. 

"Terrible." 

"Is that from the drinking or us?" I asked.

"Both." He replied.

"What I did was unforgivable and apologizing over and over is never going to be enough. I mean it when I say I will do anything to make it up to you." He said. 

"I honestly don't know what you can do, Harry. Part of me wants to push you away so you can't hurt me again."

"My heart aches for what I did to you, Sam. I hurt the one person I care about more than anything. I don't know why I did it. Maybe I missed having that connection with someone."

"You could have called me." I said. 

"It's not the same. I wanted you there with me."

"I can't just hop on a plane and come see you, Harry. It's not that easy for me." I snapped.

"I know it isn't." He fired back.

"You said your heart aches! A little piece of mine broke. We weren't technically dating so I can't be ticked off at you for that because we were on a 'break'. But it hurt me knowing you couldn't even wait a couple months and you couldn't even tell me you were seeing someone else. You just stopped calling and texting me altogether. I'm not going to be that girl that's sitting here waiting for you, Styles. I'm not going to be the one you come back to every time you get dumped." I said quick as a couple tears ran down my cheeks.