Chapter 40: Tea

Sam's P.O.V.

"Sam! Come on! We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming. I'm coming." I said coming downstairs while fixing my necklaces.

"It's your fault if we're late, Styles. You should have told me there was a freaking dress code. I'm so glad I looked this place up." He came out from the sitting room. He smiled. I felt my cheeks heat up. I looked away.

"I always feel so weird wearing a dress."

"You shouldn't. You look beautiful." He replied. 

"Thanks."

"I'm glad my Mom made me bring this dress now because I would be wearing a sweatshirt and jeans to a fancy schmancy tea room to meet your mom and sister. That would be a great first impression."

"Tea house." He corrected me.

"Tea house."

"I don't get why you're so worried. My mum and sister love you."

"I'm just scared I'm going to say something stupid or-"

"You'll be fine."

"You're not worried?" I asked.

"Not with you." He replied making me feel a little bit better. We went into his garage. I went to get into his Audi-

"Other side." Harry said. I groaned.

"Why do you guys drive on the wrong side of the road?" I asked heading to the other side.

"Why do you guys drive on the wrong side of the road?" He fired back.

"Touché." I replied before opening the door and getting in.

As we got closer to the tea house, I started to become more nervous. The butterflies in my stomach must be doing backflips. I know my nerves wasn't doing any favors for my head. It was really hurting but I didn't want to worry Harry. Harry must have noticed my discomfort because he took my hand making me stop fidgeting. He put his fingers in between mine. He gave me a couple reassuring squeezes. I smiled before looking back out the window.

15 Minutes Later...

The valet opened my door helping me out of the car.

"Thank you." I said. I took a deep breath trying to relax. Harry came over and we went inside.

"Woe."

Harry chuckled. Crap. Did I really just say that out loud? This place is beautiful. It's definitely too rich for my blood. Man I really need to get out more and stop spending so much time sitting on the couch in comfy clothes while binge watching crime shows or The Office to the point it's asking you if you're still there. I hate when that message pops up. I always feel judged. Where was I going with this? Oh going out more...yeah probably not going to do that.

The hostess took us to our table.

"Wow." I said sitting down. Harry sat down next to me. I never felt more out of place my entire life. Harry picked up the menu. He put it between us so I could see it too.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"I don't know. I never knew there were so many different teas." I replied. He chuckled.

"I'll order you something good." He said setting the menu down. I never felt dumber.

"Now you know how I felt when you took me to that sandwich place."

"Primanti Brothers is nothing like this, Harry."

"There's my mum." He said standing up. I pushed my chair back standing up too. I took a deep breath trying to calm down. Here we go. Don't say something stupid. Don't say something stupid.