Chapter 31: The Explanation

Sam's P.O.V.

"You got to be freaking kidding me."

"Harry"

As soon as I got out of the car his green eyes met mine. They instantly wanted to make me melt but I wasn't going to let him have that affect on me now. Anger was surging through my veins. My knuckles were turning white from clutching my soccer bag strap so tight. My parents went inside leaving Harry and I alone.

"How was the game?" He asked. Is he being serious right now?

"I know you said no more surprises but I didn't know I could stop until last night." I just shook my head.

"You sure got a nerve, Styles. Do you think I live under a rock? That I wasn't going to find out."

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Are you or were you seeing somebody else, Harry?" He didn't say anything. That must be my answer.

"I'm going to get a shower. When I come out you better be gone or have some sort of explanation." I said. I made sure to bump into him with my shoulder as I passed him.

20 Minutes Later...

Once I was dressed I went out to see if Harry was still here or not. I looked out the window to see his car was still in the driveway. He's here but my parents were gone. They must have gone out to get something. I looked out the screen door to see Harry sitting on the deck. I took a deep breath then pushed the door open going over to the deck steps. I went up and decided to lean against the railing of the deck. He was sitting on a patio chair across from me. I stood there preparing myself, while I waited for him to say something.

"I should have told you. I'm sorry." He said. He sighed before speaking again.

"We met through mutual friends and we causally started going out. It wasn't going anywhere."

"So it was a fling?" I asked cutting him off before he could say anymore. He didn't answer he just ran his hand through his hair.

"There was a lot more than just kissing going on, huh, Styles?"

"She's back with her ex." He replied.

"And you're here." I said.

"I'm sorry, Sam."

"That's what they all say, Harry."

"We have to wait to date so we're on a break. While we were on this break my understanding was that we were both going to wait, but then you moved on to somebody else and it feels like you cheated but I can't say you were cheating because we aren't technically dating."

"I'm in love with you." He said.

"If you were in love with me you wouldn't have went out with somebody else." I replied back quickly knocking him off guard.

"If you would have answered your phone, besides confronting you about this I would have told you that Bryan tried to kiss me. I walked away because I love you. If you only done the same."

"He tried to kiss you?"

"Don't turn this around, Harry. If you would have answered your phone I would have told you." It became silent. I honestly don't care if he's mad about the whole Bryan. At least I wasn't hiding a relationship. 

"Maybe we're just not meant to be, Styles." I said. My eyes couldn't hold back the tears anymore. He got up coming over.

"Don't." I said putting my hand up. I stared down at my feet trying to calm down. He came closer. I could feel his hot breath on me that's how close he was. Once I was calm and knew what to say I looked up and into his eyes.

"We're always going to be apart, Harry. There's nothing I want more than to make this work but I don't know how I can trust you again."

"Tell me what I need to do." He said.

"I don't know." I said. He gently cupped my face with his hands. I looked into his eyes.

"I broke my promise to you about never hurting you. I'm so sorry, Sam. I will do everything I can to make it up to you." My tears broke loose. He kissed me. I stopped him by putting my hand on his chest gently pushing him back. I turned around putting my hands on the railing. 

"I want to hate you but I can't." I said.

"I'm sorry. I love you." 

I heard my parents coming up the driveway so I moved away from Harry and tried to calm down so it didn't look like I've been crying. My parents went to the market down the street to pick something up to eat. After we ate, Harry had to get going so he wouldn't miss his flight to Los Angeles. I stood against his car, as we talked a bit more alone.

"If you still want me to come to your graduation next month I'll be there. If you don't want me there I'll understand."

"I'm gonna need time, Harry. I'll let you know." He pulled me in for a hug.

"I know your busy but try to call or text me back when you can. Don't ignore me like you did. I understand your busy but I think you could find one second to send a quick text." I said once we pulled back from the hug.

"I'm sorry for that. I'll be better with communicating." He replied. I nodded. I turned and was just about to walk away when he started to say something. I turned back around just as I reached the sidewalk.

"I understand that it's going to take time for you to forgive me. No matter what I'll respect your decision. I'll do anything to gain your trust back. I'll never hurt you again." 

And with that he got into his rental car and left. 

What do you think about Sam & Harry? 

Can Sam forgive him?  

Let me know in the comments. 

Comment & Vote