Chapter 27: "My Good Luck Charm"

Sam's P.O.V.

"My game starts in 15 minutes so be quick." I said before closing the car door. Dad dropped Harry and I off at the arena doors. John and him are going to get coffee from the diner next door then meet us inside. Man, it's cold out. Harry opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I said going in. I stomped my boots on the mat as I came in, in order to get the snow off then I went over to the boards that enclosed the field to see the game. I looked at the scoreboard 2-1 Bryan's team. Thirteen minutes left.

"You know anyone playing?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. I know most of the Navy team from outdoor." I replied.

"Come on. I got to get my stuff on." I said leading the way over to the stands. I went up the steps to the platform then I stepped up on the first row going up to the top. My Dad likes sitting up top so he can see the whole field and use the wall for a backrest. I took my bag off so I could sit down. Harry sat down next to me. I set my bag down in front of me then unzipped it so I could get my socks, shin guards, and shoes out. 

"What's the team you're playing against like?" He asked.

"They're a pretty good team. They're about our skill level so it'll be interesting." I replied taking my boots off then I stood up to take my Adidas pants off so I was in my shorts. I sat back down.

"I'm really digging the scruff, Styles." I noticed it earlier while we were skating.

"I didn't feel like shaving this morning." He said as I put on my shin guards.

"It's actually kinda hot." I replied. He looked at me.

"What?" I asked looking back at him.

"I didn't realize that was a turn on for you." He replied. I just shook my head going back to rolling my socks up.

"You wish, Styles." He watched the game while I finished getting ready.

"You going to get a goal for me?" He asked.

"I'll try." I said while finishing up tying my shoes. I got up gathering my things to put in my bag.

"I'm going to head over to my team so I can stretch a little bit before the game." 

"Good Luck."

"Thanks." I said slinging my bag over my shoulder. I went down the bleachers but something made me stop at the last row before the platform. I dropped my bag on the first row then went back up to Harry.

"You forget something?" He asked.

"Yeah." I bent down and kissed him. He kissed back right away. I could feel the little spiky hairs above his lip as we kissed. The feeling sent chills up my spine. I put my hand on the side of his neck. I know this is wrong but right now I could care less. He stopped and I pulled back a bit.

"I knew you couldn't resist." He said.

"You're right."

"You better get me a goal, Springs."

"I'll do my best." I replied before giving him a quick peck on the lips before I stood back up and went back down the bleachers. Just as I was coming down my brother came up the steps. I picked my bag back up.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"He's coming."

"Don't worry I won't hurt lover boy." He whispered before going up the rows of bleachers to sit with Harry.

"Good luck." I went down the steps heading over to the other side of the field where my team was. I saw my Dad on the way over he was just coming in. I stopped to talk to him.