chapter thirty eight

038: of course, i am

"Oh my fucking god, I feel like I'm gonna die soon." 

My exclaim was cut short by Levi's low grunt as he circled around the perimeter of the diamond-like covered basement, surrounded by literally every enemy at every various angle. 

Smoke flared throughout the atmosphere, followed by streaks of green from flare guns; a means of cover so we wouldn't be easily pinpointed by the guns of the opposite party. Although the smoke was thick, it didn't really quench the growing animosity having to face these people who threatened to break our necks and shoot our head to bleed. 

However, the adrenaline flowing through my veins did something to further expand my senses to the point were I was exasperated yet severely excited as well. Really, I couldn't imagine myself feeling these various sensations both at the same time, but maybe my blood line just contributed to that.

"Thirty five enemies. They've gathered behind the pillars! We'll take them out right here!"

Levi's extreme and intense call made me jolt, only furthering the expanding excitement and fervor growing inside me. 

"Alright, let's fucking go our whatever then..." I muttered under my breathe, spawning my swords out; a reverberant clink of metal quipped at the action before I followed closely behind Levi. 

Sasha's fire arrows blasted it's way throughout the thickening fog of black, shooting another barrel of gunpowder, successfully lighting it up, thus eliciting more smoke in the vicinity.

Gunshots and wires-- that was the only sound that sounded, aside from the constant and distant battle cries. There was a point where the smoke even filtered through my mind, almost making me dizzy but Levi's calls and alerts helped in keeping me sated.

"Shit, shit" I called, watching two people trail behind me, holding their guns over their chest and for a split second, I feigned fear-- a little action to bring them a sense of false gratification that they were able to scare me. Before turning a sharp left, I twisted my body sideways, flipping myself over before launching my blades with an ungodly amount of strength at the moment, cutting their chests or arms and knocking them down the crystal pleated ground with a loud thud.

For a moment, I was actually donned with a sensation of pity. "I would be sorry, but you guys were threatening to cut my life short, so I guess fighting back is only fair, right?" I whispered to no one in particular.

With a sudden pause, it was only then that I realized how cold my fingers had become. Was it the unbecoming atmosphere that coated the area? I wasn't sure but that wasn't the biggest concern I had at the moment. The major problem at hand was the reverberating sound of a gunshot, completely dominating the battlefield.

Levi paused in his track as well, a present and intense snarl on his pretty face. 

"Yo' Levi." Kenny's voice rang, leaving a particular bounce in it's wake. "Not that I've got time to waste on you but if you get past here, it'll be all for nothin'"

"Captain!" I called, making him spare him a little glance as he let out a small tsk. His lips lightly twitching. 

"I'll be fine, Y/n. Keep going." he advised, voice low.

"Aww! You and your little partner are lookin' so sweet." Kenny coed making me scrunch my nose but still, I rounded about the pillar to keep the other strays away from bothering captain with his unsaid battle with Kenny.

I hooked to the nearest pillar, deciding to follow behind Mikasa as she was trailing Cavin, endlessly slashing her blade. She was beautiful-- like a foreign warrior of the old ages. But still, I kept sneaking glances over to Levi who was in the middle of coping and catching with Kenny.