chapter fifty two

052: with me

Darkness.

The smell is pungent. 

I wanted to puke. 

My body felt absent of bones. It hurts, everywhere and when I had tried to make any sort of movement, I felt like I was slipping away from my consciousness. 

Where am I?

What happened?

The memories are vague, but I remember them. The fight, the Titans, Erwin.

Levi...

There's a few noise that comes outside. Chatters that are muted by the gap of where I was. Then it hit me, this was a Titan's mouth. The panic that rises from my heart is sudden, overwhelming, it had almost made me suffocate. 

A bright light appears. 

My body hits liquid. A small pond. 

I was coughing up the air, greedy for a relief, the sudden change in atmosphere made me gasp and I was struggling to put myself up. How many hours has it been? How did the expedition go? Where are the rest? Had we succeeded?

When I had tried to roll over, an instant spike erupts from my side. A few broken ribs, it was an easy guess. Although it could hardly compare to the pain in my knees. I was lucky enough my arms were functional but with little bodily control, I knew that if I had strike a fight, I wouldn't be in the best shape to sustain myself. 

That damn hair fucking bastard...

"War chief, we should dispose of her. Or better yet, bring her with us, her secrets of the Island will make the higher ups satisfied, at least in exchange for not taking the Founding Titan and losing the Colossal."

What?

Think, Y/n. Think.

Groggy, almost altered, the sound of the voice surprised me. It was like an echo of an undiscovered species. Was it a that abnormal Titan speaking? How odd, Eren's Titan never seem to did that, nor did any of the traitors we had encountered, except for the Beast, up until now. They're probably a shifter too.

I couldn't move abruptly, even if I had wanted, not at this point. They were talking about their own secrets while plaining to exploit me of mine, it was my chance to know. The truth about the world...

"They barely even know their own Island, it appears, I don't think she'd be of any help. Just another dead body to load." 

There seems to be hesitance based on the silence that followed. 

I'm going to die?

"She'll be dead in moments. Too much blood loss and bones broken, she'd be immobile. The tiredness is taking a toll on her body. She'll die out here, there's no need to sweat. We should regroup immediately at the dock, head back as soon as we can." 

"Ah right, Reiner's unresponsive still, he's healing very slowly. We need to get him checked."

There's a few fuss here and there, the sound of loading barres and huge stomps. We're they leaving?

That was a good thing, it was idiotic of them to leave me unchecked just because they assumed that I would eventually rot out in the open. That was a reasonable claim, it was just a mistake because they had placed that assumption on me, perhaps if it was any other, it could be.

I'm lucky enough they believed that, though. 

"You're a Stark aren't you? One of those warrior clans?"