Chapter 13 - The Soccer Bargain

Chapter 13 – The Soccer Bargain

Tuesday, April 14, 2026
9:20a
Soccer Field
Cordina Lane, Houston, TX

The soccer match was on in full swing. Each team consisted of six players, with Mitchell serving as referee. Some played barefoot, while others with joggers. Obviously, no one really had soccer cleats at that orphanage, and had to make do with whatever they had.

The Brute Force Gang was in a way, bullying the younger kids. Apparently, they were cheating, and taking advantage of being bigger than the little ones. The game soon came to an end, with the gang supposedly winning.

"FOUL! FOUL!" said the other kids.

"I know it's a foul! Settle down!" explained Mitchell, trying to placate the team.

Dustin then put two fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly. The kids then stopped shouting. Mitchell then handed Dustin the ball.

"Here, you handle them." He spoke. "I'm going to fix lunch."

"Alright, let's do it!" said Dustin.

This game was a little different, this time, Dustin helped the little ones against the bigger kids. He purposely cheated to help the little kids win this time. The game soon came to an end.

"That's not fair!" said Alex. "You let them win."

"Life is not fair! You were doing the same to them." Dustin said. "Let's go now, to the movies."

"You're going to a movie?" said Katy who was observing the whole thing.

"Yeah, I'll get Mitchell with me, y'all go with Katy." Dustin said. "Here's $60. Don't' spend it all!"

"Alright, let's go!" said everyone else.

"Damn, this movie will be a blockbuster!" said Dustin.

Sometime later...

At the movie theater, everyone had gone to see an action thriller comedy. Later, Dustin showed up with snacks he snuck into the theater. Katy saw that Mitchell didn't show up.

"Where is Mitchell?" asked Katy.

"Wasn't gonna bring him. Remember how you refused to go with me to the movies? That's why today, I played this foul game." Dustin laughed.

"Shhh..." said a member of the audience.

"Still, you could've brought him." Katy whispered.

They continued to watch the movie.