Chapter 15 - Café Encounter

Chapter 15 – Café Encounter

Tuesday, April 14, 2026
9:40p
Cordina Café
Cordina Lane, Houston, TX

Dustin has already driven towards the café and was going to quickly grab his espresso before the place closed for the night. No sooner did he leave Dodson's hotel, when he already caught eye of car headlights tailing him. Dustin smiled as he already understood what was going on. He finally arrived at the café but kept eye of the car tailing him. He then got out of the car and informed Katy and her uncle to tell everyone to leave.

"Y'all need to clear up this place and fast!" said Dustin. "I have 'guests' coming to visit me!"

"Not sure why, especially at this hour, but I'm on it!" said Katy. "Just let them know we close at ten."

"Don't worry about it!" said Dustin, as everyone cleared the place.

"Who exactly is coming?" said Uncle Howard. "Not someone rash I hope."

"I'll deal with it!" said Dustin. "Just clear out!"

Dustin then went to the men's restroom, as Uncle Howard grabbed the keys.

"May as well just lock up the place!" said Howard.

Suddenly, a thug grabbed him and held him at gunpoint.

"Get in the janitor's closet, ASAP! Or I'm gonna fry your brains!" said the thug in a threatening tone.

Howard then obliged and hid in the janitor's closet. Suddenly, Dustin came and grabbed the thug by the groin. The goon gasped in pain.

"However, I'll fry your chicken in this Wi-Fi booth!" said Dustin, as he led the thug into the Wi-Fi booth at gunpoint. "Come quietly and don't utter a word!"

They went into the booth, and Dustin made the goon take out his smartphone, pretending to make a call. The rest of the goons came in and saw the shadow of a man in the booth. Their leader then ordered the men to fire and they blasted away their machine guns.

"Come on, let's go and inform the boss!" said the leader of the gang.

The booth's door then opened, and Dustin emerged from behind the now dead goon they shot, without a scratch on his body. He knew fully well that Dodson ordered the assault on him, thus decided to go back to pay another visit before the night ended.