Chapter 12 - Your Hideout?

Chapter 12 – Your Hideout?

Tuesday, April 14, 2026
8:21a
Cordina Café
Cordina Lane, Houston, TX

Much true to his nature, Dustin wanted his money back, the one million dollars that John Dodson owed him. So, he also went to the local café, to contact him. He then went into a Wi-Fi booth, which used to be a telephone booth, to make his call in private, on his smartphone.

"Hey, where the hell is your boss, John Dodson?" said Dustin. "Gone to Dubai? Don't know when he'll be back? Sonofabitch, sure hope you know your father's name!"

Dustin hung up and got out of the phone booth. No sooner did he get out of the café, did the Brute Force Gang catch eye of him. Nick then looked at Jonathan.

"Hey, if you're sly enough, go roll this guy over." Nick told Jonathan.

"Why not Alex?" said Jonathan.

"Yeah, I'll do it!" said Alex.

"I'm coming with you." Erica said. "I'll pretend to be your girlfriend. Hold my hand."

They then walked casually towards Dustin holding hands. Upon reaching him, Alex bumped into Dustin and Dustin grabbed his arm. Then he looked at him through his shades.

"Hey! Why don't you watch where you're going? Times are crazier than before!" said Dustin. "Now, move along!"

Alex and Erica walked away, and shared a kiss, to pretend to be dating. Dustin smiled and shook his head and continued to walk along. Then suddenly he felt his pockets were empty. Then he just grinned and sniggered.

"They took it!" scoffed Dustin.

Back at the hideout...

Alex counted the money.

"Alright, $200 plus change!" said Alex. "Now we are good!"

"What will we do with this?" asked Sarah.

"Eat, drink, go see a movie, and..." said Jonathan, then was interrupted by a voice behind them.

"And get thrashed!" said Dustin. "Ghetto kids! You had to pick my pocket of all you saw, there? Give it all back, pronto!"

"W-we had a bet, s-sir!" said Mayra.

"What bet?" asked Dustin. "Who will die first? Next time you roll someone over, then roll the one who doesn't know of your hideout!"

"How did you know about ours?" asked Nick, and Dustin smacked him.

"How the hell do I know? Your hideout?" said Dustin. "Come here, let me show you, before you seven were even born, back then I used to chill back in the day here and play card too!"

He took the kids to a back-room wall, which had the names on it carved years ago.

"Dustin Coleman and Mitchell Jones!" exclaimed the kids.

"So, you know Mr. Mitchell!" said Alex.

"He's my best friend!" said Dustin.

Soon another kid, Miles, about age seven came.

"Alex, Erica, Nick, and everyone else!" said Miles. "Mr. Mitchell is calling you!"

"Tell him, no one is coming from our gang!" said Nick, with sheer arrogance.

Dustin then gently kicked him.

"Hey, when Mitchell calls you, why don't you guys go?" said Dustin. "You think y'all are from the hood? Too cool?"

"He makes us play soccer with little kids. We get bored." Erica replied.

"You get bored? How the hell you kids gonna take on the world then?" said Dustin. "Hey, tell Mitchell, I'm coming too! And whoever comes with me, I'll treat them to a movie!"

"REALLY?" said the kids, in excitement.

"Yeah, yeah! Don't point fingers!" said Dustin.