Chapter 32 - Fall from Grace

Chapter 32 – Fall from Grace

Saturday, May 8, 2026
9:52p
Jones Orphanhood Academy (K to 10)

Cordina Lane, Houston, TX

Dustin and Mitchell both got out of the church. They both stood in front of the church, facing towards Lewis and his team. Lewis and the other police officers drew their firearms at Dustin. Dustin then grabbed Mitchell, and held him at gunpoint, shocking everyone, including the orphanage children. Unbeknownst to them, the gun was empty.

"Hey, Lewis!" shouted Dustin. "Why are you aiming y'all guns? Don't you know? Dodson is Salazar is dead."

The police looked at Dustin in awe.

"Dustin, what the hell are you doing?" said Mitchell.

"Shut up!" said Dustin. "Hey, lieutenant. If I was to shoot Mitchell, then you'll be framed for his murder, and you'll be arrested instead of me."

"Are you serious?" Mitchell spoke up again.

"Quiet down, I said!" said Dustin. "Lewis, if you really want to survive, then drop all y'all guns! Drop them all! Drop it, I said!"

"Do what he says!" said Lewis, as he quivered in tension.

Lewis then dropped his weapon, so did everyone else.

"Y'all take time to understand things." Dustin declared. "Come on, move!"

Dustin then began to walk with Mitchell even further. They moved more further from the cops. Suddenly, it was then when Dustin let Mitchell go, and then made a break for it, to escape the police.

"Move aside!" shouted Dustin. "Out of my way!"

Lewis then quickly grabbed a baton from a fellow junior officer and threw it towards Dustin's feet. Dustin then tripped, as the baton flew and went between his legs. He fell to the ground then turned around.

"Damn! It's all finished!" grunted Dustin.

Two of Lewis' subordinate officers, Sgt. Harrison and SPO. Miller then ran to grab Dustin's gun. It was then, they picked it up, to see there were no bullets nor ammunition left.

"Sir, this pistol is empty!" exclaimed Harrison.

Everyone else got shocked hearing this, and Lewis drew his revolver. Dustin got up and began to brush off the dirt on his jacket, t-shirt, and jeans. Lewis then pointed his gun straight at Dustin, and Dustin took notice of this. Mitchell looked in horror, then before Lewis could pull the trigger, Mitchell then jumped into the path of the gun. Lewis fired and the bullet hit Mitchell's left upper arm flying out through the other side, luckily missing the humerus bone. Mitchell fell back as his arm began to bleed.

"Mitchell!" shouted Dustin.

"Mitchell!" shouted Katy and the orphanage kids, as they ran to help Mitchell.

Lewis then lowered his gun.

"You're okay! You made it by this much, thank God!" said Dustin, then he got up. "So are you, Lewis. You're also standing tall. If that bullet hit Mitchell in his chest, then I swear I'd cut your chest open, rip your heart out and squeeze it like a rat!"

Lewis glared at Dustin.

"Just tell me, why did you shoot Mitchell? You're my enemy! I'm standing in front of you. Why don't you shoot me?" then he turned to everyone. "Hell, since I was a young chap, only twelve years old. Since then, this pedophile bastard, kept being on me, and beating me senseless. In 2011, he damn near whacked me to death! Why? All because of this damn uniform! If you're a man! Take off this damn uniform, enter the arena and fight me, prove your macho self. He thinks he's a man. I'll tell you, he's grown soft now. Worked long enough to retire with full benefits. Under your uniform are you soft jelly bones."

"You pig!" shouted Lewis, then he ripped his shirt open, revealing his abs. "You're not even the son of a man! Which is why you were born in garbage! You challenge me? You challenge HPD's Lt. Jake Lewis? Then look at this!"

"Look at the jelly bones!" said Dustin, laughing.

"If today, I don't turn your bones into dust, then my name is not Jake Lewis!"

"Then why talk! Drop the gun! If you're a man, then let's finish it now! Even my hands are ready for action! Come on! Drop the gun!"

Lewis then giggled and threw the gun away. Then suddenly, Dustin reached in his sock, and grabbed a spare pistol he had. Lewis looked at Dustin in shock, as Dustin sniggered.

"You shouldn't have thrown the gun away, Lewis!" said Dustin.

Then he fired the gun at his forehead. The bullet hit Lewis and he fell back, dead as a doornail. Dustin then threw his gun away, and willingly surrendered himself to the other police officers. Now content that his three enemies were dead.