Chapter 16 - Confrontation at the Hotel

Chapter 16 – Confrontation at the Hotel

Tuesday, April 14, 2026
10:52p
Dodson Inn and Suites
Cordina Lane, Houston, TX

Less than quarter to eleven that night, Dodson was getting ready to call it a night. He went ahead to close his office and go to sleep. However, as he went into the living room, he was flabbergasted at what he saw.

"Dustin!" said Dodson, as he saw Dustin in the living room, sitting on the couch, smoking.

"Hey, Dodson!" said Dustin, pretending to be cheerful. "Why does your face turn white, seeing me?"

"W-what do y-you mean?" Dodson quivered in fear.

"I'll tell you!" said Dustin as he smiled and walked towards him.

"Why are you walking closer to me?" said Dodson.

"Did you send your men to eliminate me?" said Dustin.

"N-no!" said Dodson, then Dustin punched him, and he fell to the floor.

"Try to remember. You must have! Did you?" asked Dustin again.

"No!"

"DID YOU SEND THEM OR NO!" shouted Dustin. "SPEAK UP!"

Suddenly, Dodson's smartphone began to ring.

"Get off the ground and pick up the phone, put it on speaker! NOW!" said Dustin.

Dodson obliged and answered the phone, turning on speaker phone mode.

"Mr. Dodson!" said the voice on the other end. "Your job is done! Dustin Coleman is terminated."

The phone hung up.

"Forgive me, Dustin. Please forgive me." Dodson squealed.

"Well, if you weren't true to your word in the past, I'd kill you now. But I'll take your good as revenge." Dustin replied, then he hacked the vault in the living room with his smartphone.

The safe opened and contained numerous 128 GB USB thumb drives and Blu-ray Discs.

"You've become very technical I see, in this digital age." Dustin smirked.

"Don't take that! That's evidence to save us from the police." Dodson begged.

"Yeah, I know a smartass like you, prepares for shit like this!" exclaimed Dustin. "Call Rubio Salazar right now! I'm getting my money back tomorrow!"

Dodson quivered.

"DO IT!"

Dodson then picked up his phone and dialed the number. Back in The Woodlands, north of Houston, where the local drug lord and infamous online bank hacker Rubio Salazar resided, Salazar who was with his girlfriend, had his Android ringing. In his mid-thirties, he was dating a girl, almost eight years younger than him.

"Don't answer the phone, yet! Please!" said Geneva, his girlfriend.

"It's from the hotline, let me answer it." Salazar said in return. "Ah, yes! Speak Dodson! What? One million dollars, tomorrow? Yeah, I get it. Who is this? Hmm... Dustin Coleman."

Salazar hung up and fell into a fit of rage.

"Come to me, darling." Geneva demanded.

"I'm coming, darling!" replied Salazar. "But before that, let me book Dustin Coleman's ticket to hell!"