EXPLORE

michelle:

The two of us jumped off the metal fire escape, and onto the lightly snow-dusted stone street. I took Draco's hand in mine and began our journey down the road. He seemed slightly confused by my actions but went along with it.

"So, where do you wanna go?", I asked, admiring the flickering lights on the passing lamp posts. 

"No clue", he answered lightly.

"Now, Draco. That's no attitude for Christmas Eve! Put on a big boy smile, and let's explore"

"Fine", he responded, bringing a forced, but still cute grin to his face. 

"There ya go", I smiled, patting his back.

We began swinging our arms in unison, strutting down the practically empty back street. I pointed to a few of the random attractions we passed, like a couple of boutiques, and a pub or two.

We eventually came upon a square, a rather busy one for that matter, little vendors and celebrations, all out with their lovers or friends on this evening. In the middle of the square, sat a large marble fountain.

I pointed to the fountain, and Draco immediately got yanked towards the site. I ran up to the bench surrounding it and fell against the stone.

"Isn't it gorgeous?",  I asked, glancing up at the statues perched upon the fountain.

"Of course it is", Draco responded, singing as he watched me get giddy over a fountain.

"Why so glum?", I asked, standing up on the fountain perch and beginning to walk along the narrow rim. 

Without even forbidding it, Draco stood as well at my side and held my hand as I began wandering along with the siding. I began giggling, knowing that Draco didn't even seem shocked at my actions.

"You know, one day, you're going to fall right on you're face", he chimed in, following me along the rim, going in a circle.

"And you'll be there to catch me", I responded keenly.

"Oh yeah?", he asked, smiling up at me from a couple of feet below.

"Yep", I said, before jumping into his arms. He caught me before in his arms mermaid style before he threw me over his back so that I was straddled on a piggyback.

"Where to madam?", he asked grabbing my calves and holding them in from of his body. 

"You choose", I whispered, leaning down into his ear.

"Okay then, how about over to that store, with warmth?"

"Noooo", I responded frantically, "we stay outside, that's the point of exploring", I added, waving my arm through the air.

"How about we explore indoor heating?"

"Oh Draco"

Draco started walking through the square, taking me on his back to some of the little vendors, peering into some of the small shoppes. When we finally got bored of window shopping, we headed back to the fountain, and sat on the rim, peering into the coin filled water. 

"Think its warm?", I asked, skimming the air above the water with my fingers.

"Michelle, its the middle of winter, I have a hard time seeing that it's warm"

"Fine, I'll see myself", I stated, before dipping my fingers onto the water. Instead of a cold shivering effect, my hands felt warm and nice.

"What?", Draco questioned, pushing the hair away from my face and looking at my expression.