BEN

Making my way to the Gryffindor common room from my dormitory gave me the nostalgic first day of school chills that present a rush of memories through my brain. As I make my way through the archway I am greeted with the familiar smell of the used fabric that coats the sofas and the warmth from last nights fire, it sounded like the boys only went to bed at around midnight which left only a few hours for the fire to die out.

"Michelle!, wait up I'll walk with you down to potions" I spin around and I'm met with Bens bright blue eyes, he smiles down at me and I look up and match his expression.

"All right," I say with a thrilled grin spread across my face.

We make our way down to the dungeons talking about what else we have today, I look over at him with a questioning glance and ask in a gushing manner

"So how did you know that I have potions first?

"Well I may have asked Juliet" he answers with a slight smirk and turns his head around to face Juliet whos having a conversation about her classes with Hermione, who are both following us from a distance all on our way to Snape's classroom.

***

Once we arrive we are ushered in and asked to stand next to the ingredients stand so that Snape can assign our seats. I am mentally screaming at him to let me sit next to my friends, not that it will help but it's just hope.

Come on you goldie locks give us a chance.

And as if he's reading my mind he sends me to the back of the room to be joined by Slytherin Blaise Zabini. And if it couldn't get worse he sends Ben to the front with Lavender Brown, Ron and Harry. Luckily Juliet makes her way over and sits next to me.

By that point I wasn't really paying attention due to the fact that there were only five kids left, I looked down to write a note to Juliet complaining that Blaise was so loud when he was whispering to Crabbe and that was from across our table, but I was interrupted by Snape

"Malfoy, go join Miss O'Riley" and before I know it I can smell his strong cologne begining its way closer until it's reached the seat next to mine, I look up to be greeted with a snarky smirk.

'Bloody Hell', is all I could think.

Out of everywhere in the room, he has to be put directly to my right. This will be a fun year. I pulled out my textbook and acted as though I was not bothered but really I just wanted to gut punch the jerk.

"How's it going?", asked Malfoy, scooting his chair closer to mine.

"Brilliant", I fake smile.

After another couple of moments of silence, Malfoy once again placed a smirk on his face and rested his chin upon his hand.

"Not going to ask how I'm going?"

"Why would I do something like that?", I smile.

"Isn't that what proper girls do?", Malfoy inquired. "Though, I don't think that you're that proper"

"Oh, now is that the impression that those girls you hang out with do. Because let me assure you, a non-proper girl like me has no desire to make small talk with a stuck up snob like you. Simple, really.", I retort, looking at Malfoy in his eyes, with a wide smirk.

"Feisty one", he muttered to himself, pretending to flick through his textbook. 

"Snarky one", I say louder than he did.