MIRROR

"You could have woken me up!", Ron argued.

"Yeah!", I pitched in, biting a piece out of my toast.

"You can come tonight, I'm going back, I want to show you the mirror.", Harry answered curtly.

"Rubbish"

"I'd like to see your mum and dad", Ron stated.

"And I want to see all your family, all the Weasleys, you'll be able to show me your older brothers and everyone", Harry responded. "And Michelle, you could show me your famous dad!"

"Aha, Harry. That's where you're wrong, you can see him whenever you want, just open any auror or ministry brochure, and - bam! He's there!"

"Yeah yeah"

"You can see my family any old time. Just come around my house this summer. Anyway, maybe it only shows dead people. Shame about not finding Flamel, though. Have some bacon or something, why aren't you eating anything?", Ron explained.

It was true, Harry wasn't eating. The three of us usually had our plates full, but today, Harry had nothing. I gave him a funny glance, but he only shrugged. I wondered what could possibly be on his mind, that much to divert his appetite. 

I then reached over and placed an apple on his plate, flickering my eyes toward it, gesturing for him to eat.

"Are you all right?", Ron asked, "You look odd"

The two of us stared at Harry, me then cocking my head, and Ron nodding towards his practically empty plate. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking"

"Ok-", I answered hesitantly, then changing the subject in conversation, so that Harry no longer had to talk about whatever was making up his mind.

After breakfast on Boxing Day, Harry, Ron, Fred, George and I stood up and made our way out the Great Hall doors, out into the winter breeze.

"Let's go boys - plus Michelle!", Fred yelled, swinging open the doors and bellowing into the empty air.

***

"Come on. Come. Come look, it's my parents!", instructed Harry, shoving Ron and me forward into the mirror front.

Already that day, the three of us had discussed our journey to this mirror a few times, planning a certain time and path to visit the room. Harry had worried that he might he wouldn't be able to find his way back, but we ended up being fine.

The second we entered the random room, Ron and I were ushered through the empty space, up to the front side of the giant mirror.

"I only see me, and Michelle", Ron stated.

"Yeah, it's just us", I pointed.

Harry then pushed us closer together and more centred to the mirror.  " Look in properly. Go on. Stand there. There. You see them, don't you two? That's my dad"

"That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good. Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?", Ron declared, suddenly wearing a grin and staring proudly into the mirror.

I moved my gaze from my giddy friend, and towards the mirror. Strangely, I startled myself, for staring back in the mirror was myself, but not just me, I was surrounded by people, my friends actually. The only difference was, however, was that there was zero uncertainty in all their faces, each of them looked completely dedicated and happy to be standing there with me.