ORIGINS

| marauders era |

august 11th 1978

"Mami! It's fine", said Margo. Lily and Margo's mother Saorise were all working on a stubborn Margos hair. The three girls were working in Margo's old bedroom, in her old house. 

The Connor family resided on the outskirts of Galway, Ireland. They had lived in the same farmhouse for decades, all a muggle family, until Margaret. She had three older brothers who she cared for greatly. Her three brothers worked on the family's potato farm, each was married and lived with their families on the same farmhouse. The family was immensely proud of Margaret, for the amazing gift she possessed and how far she had come over the years. 

Today, was Margaret's wedding. She and Christopher decided that they wanted to get married, even at the height of a war, for the happiness of one another. There had been much speculation, regarding their choice and opinion on the whole matter.

The pair had begun working full-time with the Order of The Pheonix the day after their Graduation. It had been a very dangerous job, from all the constant fighting, muggle protection and obliviation, and most scarily, the stress and thoughts of losing one another.

Every single one of their school friends were to attend the wedding, James and Lily, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Alice and Frank Longbottom, and even Professor McGonagall. They all came dressed in their nice robes and dresses. Margo, on the other hand, was dressed in the wedding dress her and Lily bought, planning on sharing it, seeing as James had also proposed that summer. The dress was a silk white fabric, with a halter neckline, and an open back. It was incredibly simple, but neither of the girls had care. 

Now, they were working on her hair, planning on just curling it, Lily got to work. As she was doing that, Saorise put some light makeup on Margo's face.  After roughly twenty minutes, they were all done.

Meanwhile outside, the five boys were preparing, going over each other's so-called speeches, and relaxing one another's nerves. James and Christopher were standing by the alter, James was chosen to be Christophers Best man, seeing as Lily was Margos, and James was one of his first-ever friends.

"You'll be fine man", said James, patting down Christopher's shoulder. 

"You know what Prongs? When it's your wedding, I promise to give you meaningless advice as well", said Christopher, smirking at his friend.

"Oh yes, I suppose this is a cycle or something, right?"

"Yes, I suppose, soon enough. You know what, I'm looking forward to the end of this bloody war", said Christopher.

"Same, just waiting for the day when we can look back on this day, with no sadness"

"One day that will be"

***

"I would like to say thank you", said Margo, while standing on top of her chair at the front of the room. "Thank you, to my family, for always accepting me and- well this", she said, pointing around the room, at all the wizards and witches. "Thank you, to Professor McGonagall, you've taught me so much, not only as a teacher but as a second sort of mother"

Professor McGonagall had tears welling up in her eyes as she watched one of her favourite students speak so fondly of her. She smiled at the girl, a smile she had always given the girl, for the past seven years.

"And lastly", said Margo, "to my friends, my friends who have always been there for me, made me laugh, made my cry, and well- you all lived with me- hell, you survived with me. Through all these years of crap and war, we've all been friends, thank you"